2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm gonna let you in on a secret.

Athletes knees will have chronic, lifelong pain from ACL tears too. They just have rehab and constant PT/strength training to mitigate that pain while they play.

You sure about that? 

You can speak for all athletes? 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I Dont know what he could be trash talking about tho, Cleveland has owned his soul the past three years.

Funny because I didn’t see him talk trash in 20 years playing with the Hawks 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

You sure about that? 

You can speak for all athletes? 

What?

This is ridiculous post.

In medicine, there are known associations with certain injuries and conditions. 

For example, if a patient has Ulcerative Colitis for more than 10 years, we generally say that they have a very significant risk for developing colorectal cancer. And using that association, we advise that patients have more frequent colonoscopies to screen for cancer. 

If a person suffers significant ligament injury anywhere in the body, based on biomedical research and clinical research, we know that those patients have issues in the future. In particular, these patients are at risk for arthritis. 

Obviously he's not speaking for all athletes. But there is a very high likelihood.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I don't want to watch the replay, but I did read from one person that Crowder uncut Hayward.  And with how Crowder is well known for not liking Hayward...

Crowder didnt undercut him. LJ and GH made contact in the air, nothing crazy, and GH just came down weird.

20 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm gonna let you in on a secret.

Athletes knees will have chronic, lifelong pain from ACL tears too. They just have rehab and constant PT/strength training to mitigate that pain while they play.

And the needle.  This is something that a lot of fans ignore or just don't know (and I'm more inclined to believe that it's the former than the later) and I'm not just talking the meme of Lance Harbor in Varsity Blues.  Athletes play through pain, but a lot of them aren't doing it without chemical aid (Cortisone, Toradol, Ketorolac, etc.).  They aren't just popping an Advil or Tylenol.

The pain is still there, it's just dulled, but like most anesthetics, you build up a tolerance to it.

Just now, The LBC said:

And the needle.  This is something that a lot of fans ignore or just don't know (and I'm more inclined to believe that it's the former than the later) and I'm not just talking the meme of Lance Harbor in Varsity Blues.  Athletes play through pain, but a lot of them aren't doing it without chemical aid (Cortisone, Toradol, Ketorolac, etc.).  They aren't just popping an Advil or Tylenol.

The pain is still there, it's just dulled, but like most anesthetics, you build up a tolerance to it.

Oh yeah I just didn't want to mention it because I figured it was something people on an enthusiasts board would know. But these guys have this stuff doped up to the point of numbness.

I know boxers recovering from broken hands not wanting to miss a fight that have it directly into the knuckles scust.png

Archived