2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

No surprise Minnesota still sucks. They still can’t play defense. Teague is nothing more than an average PG getting star money who doesn’t even try on d. Towns still doesn’t care about defense. Butler isn’t going to save them when they return. Thibs is so overrated. Great assistant terrible HC. 

1 minute ago, tom cody said:

What an odd result last night between the Cavs and the Nets. The Nets have no business beating the Cavs whatsoever. It's early yet but if this is the Cavs team we're getting this season the East is wide open.

They look like this every year. Defense is pathetic in the regular season and they let bad teams go off on them. I’m hoping IT at least gives them some heart and can outscore other teams when he gets back.  

Pelicans shouldn't trade Boogie. Him and AD have proved they can co-exist, and very well for that matter. The issue is the depth the Pelicans don't have and the fact that Jrue is playing like total arse. 

Trade Jrue and his abysmal contract for whatever you can get, hell add an unprotected pick onto him and Asik to dump them if you can. After that, do whatever you can to get a legit 3rd star there.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No surprise Minnesota still sucks. They still can’t play defense. Teague is nothing more than an average PG getting star money who doesn’t even try on d. Towns still doesn’t care about defense. Butler isn’t going to save them when they return. Thibs is so overrated. Great assistant terrible HC. 

They have turned into the same ole T-Wolves the last two games without Butler. How do you get handled by both Pacers/Pistons where the games aren't even competitive? 

Spicy was clutch as ish yesterday down the stretch along with KD. But props to the Raptors, they have some impressive youngsters. 

I knew that stat about Bron going 88% from the FT line was a lie....

Lavar Ball Da Gawd.... He tried telling yall his son doesn't lose twice in a week... John Wall going to show no mercy doe.... 

Low key fun match up today is Blazers vs Clippers. 

21 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pelicans shouldn't trade Boogie. Him and AD have proved they can co-exist, and very well for that matter. The issue is the depth the Pelicans don't have and the fact that Jrue is playing like total arse. 

Trade Jrue and his abysmal contract for whatever you can get, hell add an unprotected pick onto him and Asik to dump them if you can. After that, do whatever you can to get a legit 3rd star there.

I'd try and trade cousins for Bradley Beal and Gortot. He would be a great compliment to Davis and Gortot allows davis to stay at PF 

the wizards get a guy that is on great terms with Wall and Porter has shown he can be the number 3 guy. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I'd try and trade cousins for Bradley Beal and Gortot. He would be a great compliment to Davis and Gortot allows davis to stay at PF 

the wizards get a guy that is on great terms with Wall and Porter has shown he can be the number 3 guy. 

Eh. That doesn't change the Pelicans current or future outlook at all. Thats a terrible return honestly, Boogie is playing like a top 5 guy right now. He's been great in New Orleans on and off the court and him and AD have been fantastic together.

The reason they're losing games is they have CRAP outside of them. When Etwaun Moore and Dante Cunningham are like your 6th and 7th best players, you're in trouble.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Eh. That doesn't change the Pelicans current or future outlook at all. Thats a terrible return honestly, Boogie is playing like a top 5 guy right now. He's been great in New Orleans on and off the court and him and AD have been fantastic together.

The reason they're losing games is they have CRAP outside of them. When Etwaun Moore and Dante Cunningham are like your 6th and 7th best players, you're in trouble.

Beal is a 20 point scorer locked on a multi year deal. Boogie is probably gone this off season because they can build around him and AD on these monster deals. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Beal is a 20 point scorer locked on a multi year deal. Boogie is probably gone this off season because they can build around him and AD on these monster deals. 

I don't see Boogie leaving. He'd be leaving a lot of money on the table (I believe?) and he loves being in New Orleans with AD. I think they have a better chance of him re-signing than him leaving. I mean he was very committed to Sacramento, and they surrounded him with absolute crap his entire career.

Pelicans need a new GM and a competent HC, and to find a way to bring in a 3rd All-Star caliber wing player. Based on what Paul George and Jimmy Butler got moved for it doesn't actually seem that hard to do...Just have to find a team with poor management.

Timberwolves not performing up to expectations is probably the least surprising thing this year so far.

Some good pieces, but overall not constructed well/no real direction.

No one believes me, but if you want to build around Towns, you have to do it in a certain way.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

No one believes me, but if you want to build around Towns, you have to do it in a certain way.

What certain way is that?  In this day and age you can't build around anyone with no above-average shooters.  Towns is simply no different.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

What certain way is that?  In this day and age you can't build around anyone with no above-average shooters.  Towns is simply no different.

You need to be sound defensively at almost every other position, and make sure spacing is proper for Towns to float around offensively. He’s not your average center (he shoots 3s, midrange, likes to move, etc), so you can’t treat him that way.

Jimmy Butler is a nice fit, and so was Rubio, but now the latter is gone and Wiggins still doesn’t fit in. 

ehhh peep his box score to soothe that depression imo 

I'm glad they let him go, but he was the guy that would iso and slow the game down when the offense was struggling. Millsap hasn't done that to the same effect so far.

13 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

was never sold on murray being a starting PG, but was thinking if it was gonna work maybe it'd be in DEN kinda offense. isn't it alotta 4 out O w/ a lot of movement slashing in & Jokic running things? thought Millsap would be an ideal next to Jokic. I don't think they're gonna suck the whole season. trade chandler & put barton at the 3 hmm? **** if juancho didn't have all this NBA player confidence now w/ the girlies he'd have a prime shot here, goddammit. weird situation there right now. 

Yeah it's weird. Jokic has been pretty good, but the offense has not been humming like it was last year. They got so many easy buckets and open shots last year and idk if it is the coaching, Millsap, the backdoor cuts, the PG play or a mixture of all of it that is holding them back this year. It's super frustrating though. The same talent is there pretty much

Archived