2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

oh **** it's not even televised.. man im pretty bored of watching GS lol. 

Maybe for the best haha. In a game with an 18 point comeback that was basically tied or close for most of the second half it was pretty forgettable. Raps had 2 nice stretches basically. 

Pasquel may be a real NBA player 19ppg in two starts. Poeltl looking good as well since JV went out. Probably the two positives I'm taking away. 

55 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

He also spoke about using the bathroom at half time and hearing a ruckus turns out LaVar was there too just talking smack. That's the exciting stuff you get from Leo Rautins. 

He sounded super excited to get into that and he let me down. Was disappointed in his story telling ability. 

Also that Ennis stuff was pretty funny. I thought it was just because he was Canadian and thought that was what Canadians do. Dude was really going on about a dude who probably shouldn't be in the NBA, that's support.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He sounded super excited to get into that and he let me down. Was disappointed in his story telling ability. 

Also that Ennis stuff was pretty funny. I thought it was just because he was Canadian and thought that was what Canadians do. Dude was really going on about a dude who probably shouldn't be in the NBA, that's support.

Yea the LaVar story was a total letdown. Maybe he didn't want to repeat anything but he could have elaborated a bit. Matt Devlin does all the games play by play but on Sports Net games Leo does the colour and on TSN Jack Armstrong does the colour (who is much better) and we also have different sideline reporters for each network it's weird but anyways if it was Jack I'm sure he would have also said some nice things because Ennis is Canadian because that is the kind of thing we do anyways I also believe Nick Staukus was part of our playoff coverage on one of the two networks. 

Leo has an ego I believe he replaced Jay Triano and then coached one or two world events one of which he kicked Samuel Dalembert (who just got a Canadian passport) off the team for some reason mid tournament and no one is really sure why and promptly lost to China lead by Yi Jianlian and Wang Juju (forget the spelling if you remember him at all) and was fired and replaced by Jay Triano again I believe. 

57 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Pasquel may be a real NBA player 19ppg in two starts. Poeltl looking good as well since JV went out. Probably the two positives I'm taking away. 

yeah i've watched his highlights from both those games, crazy how often he finds himself wide open under the hoop. he doesn't really seem like he has a lot from just the tiny bit i've seen.. what can he get besides hustle points/wide open 3's on offense? i assume his defense is real good? feel like i've always a slight affinity to pascal just from that TOR youtube series last year where they'd always show him w/ demonic looks on his face during all the practice footage lol. 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

yeah i've watched his highlights from both those games, crazy how often he finds himself wide open under the hoop. he doesn't really seem like he has a lot from just the tiny bit i've seen.. what can he get besides hustle points/wide open 3's on offense? i assume his defense is real good? feel like i've always a slight affinity to pascal just from that TOR youtube series last year where they'd always show him w/ demonic looks on his face during all the practice footage lol. 

It basically is all hustle and seemingly not being accounted for because of who else is on the court at this point. He's developing a 3 point shot and he appears to have some IQ and instinct but not really a lot more. I'd say he's similar to what Amir Johnson was when he played here. Just a hard working guy who knows how to take advantage but I'll take that from him even if he doesn't become a whole lot more here on out. I would say he is a decent to pretty good defender that can guard some 3's and 4's nothing special but probably not a net negative. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

It basically is all hustle and seemingly not being accounted for because of who else is on the court at this point. He's developing a 3 point shot and he appears to have some IQ and instinct but not really a lot more. I'd say he's similar to what Amir Johnson was when he played here. Just a hard working guy who knows how to take advantage but I'll take that from him even if he doesn't become a whole lot more here on out. I would say he is a decent to pretty good defender that can guard some 3's and 4's nothing special but probably not a net negative. 

yeah haven't seen a lot of guys consistently run the floor hard af like he does.. fun hustle guy. TOR got one of the few decent players from that draft. don't even remember watching/seeing anything about him pre-draft, but i think you're right that he's pretty a legit player. especially w/ how much he got better yr 1 to yr 2. 

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

yeah haven't seen a lot of guys consistently run the floor hard af like he does.. fun hustle guy. TOR got one of the few decent players from that draft. don't even remember watching/seeing anything about him pre-draft, but i think you're right that he's pretty a legit player. especially w/ how much he got better yr 1 to yr 2. 

Super fun hustle guy. Hopefully he isn't lost in the shuffle when JV comes back which from all I've heard isn't serious maybe after the final 3 games of the west coast road trip. 

The bench and all the young guys plus CJ Miles have been the most fun part of the team early this year. Hopefully this isn't a small sample size and we have a very young and also very good bench going forward this year. 

I think maybe moving CJ Miles and putting Norm Powell back on the bench would be a wise move. A second legit three point threat to start and allow Norm to get back into things and provide a spark with the bench guys. 

JV/Poeltl 

Serge/Pascal

Miles/OG

DD/Norm

Lowry/Delon

Pretty solid 10-man rotation. 

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the T-Wolves with Butler are good....and without him one of the worst teams in the league? Sounds about that.

Vogel gets the Magic to 43-44 wins he wins COTY right? Because their success makes no damn sense. Just straight destroying teams.

Pop deserves coty as usual. What he’s done without kawhi is amazing. 

Vogel has done a good job and will be considered. It’s about time he adapted to the modern era. 

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Thats a big *** bird  

Not really. Softer metal+high speed=big dent. 

I mean, I’ve worked for several airlines. Bumped the side of a plane with my elbow and left a really good sized dent. That’s how soft it is. 

Archived