2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

9 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Hopefully the Cavs are feeling the heat and offer up the Brooklyn pick for Bledsoe

That'd be funny.

Just ride out the season and let everyone leave.  Trade everyone of value and ride out cap hell for a couple seasons.

Honestly, JR Smith is just trash now. Wasn't good last year and isn't good this season. And when he shoots bad, his defense is pretty much non-existent. I still think they will be fine, but Crowder needs to pick it up. He hasn't been good on either end and that's a problem. But really, the main issues may just be on Lue. Kyrie with the Celtics is part of the 2nd best defensive team in the league and he's actually showing some nice effort. How often did he do that with the Cavs? 

Bucks need to hurry up and make that trade for Bledsoe/Chandler. 

Donovan Mitchell has to be one of the most aggressive players in the league even as a rookie. Dude is in attack mode all game looking for his shot lol. But I like watching him play, he's a gunner. 

Sooo, any news on Kawhi? He's already missed two weeks of the season and I haven't heard anything on him returning. 

As for gambling, @Troy Brown at one point was addicted to betting on NBA games on a daily basis. I wonder if he still does?

The Cavs team is just terrible. I'd take the 07 squad easily over this one. At least those guys around LeBron could hit 3s and tried hard on defense.

Wade is a washed up shell who can't shoot. Derrick Rose is a role player who can't shoot. Jae Crowder is a solid role player but nothing more. Kevin Love is solid but he's going to get mauled on defense. Tristan Thompson...lol. Shumpert and Smith are at the bottom of the NBA shooting guard list. And then other role players filling out your bench are Jeff Green, Kyle Korver, and Channing Frye. And then you wait on Isaiah Thomas who is gonna drop 25 a night but he'll give up 30.

I mean the team was put together like a 2k fantasy draft. You'd always fill out your team with veterans like Korver and Frye in the 10th and 11th rounds lolol.

Oh and they have a terrible head coach (LeBron) and assistant head coach (Lue).

The Cavs bench unit for most of these games have actually been solid. It's the starters that keep getting dominated. Again, I'd find a way to get Crowder in the starting line up. Even if they want to start TT/Love, why can you play Crowder at SG? 

Rose/Crowder/LeBron/Love/TT. That gives them good size and it isn't like JR is lighting it off from the field anyways. Would instantly improve their defense as well.

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Cavs bench unit for most of these games have actually been solid. It's the starters that keep getting dominated. Again, I'd find a way to get Crowder in the starting line up. Even if they want to start TT/Love, why can you play Crowder at SG? 

Rose/Crowder/LeBron/Love/TT. That gives them good size and it isn't like JR is lighting it off from the field anyways. Would instantly improve their offense as well.

Yeah the bench is the only unit I trust. Wade green crowder and Korver have looked very good. We should play jae at the 2. But lue is clueless. 

The Celtics have quietly won 6 straight. They gave up a lot to bring in Irving/Hayward and without Hayward I thought they were toast. 

Now they aren't winning a championship but Stevens is a great coach and they might get the 1 seed anyway. Brown and Tatum have been playing good and Morris will be back at some point giving them a little more depth. 

The Cavs are trash. Irving was really important to them because he was that guy who took pressure off Lebron. They don't have anyone now. Rose/Wade/Korver/Smith are old and washed up. Kevin Love is a number 3 guy and Thompson is over paid. 

Unless IT returns and is amazing, I don't see the Cavs making it out of the East without 40 point triple doubles from Lebron all post season.  With him playing 38 minutes a game this whole season at age 33 it's going to hard. And if they do, they are getting swept in the finals. 

TT and love together is an experiment that should have ended 4 years ago. Love needs a large shot blocking big next to him. Both of them together are way too small. Other bigs just shoot right over them. We need to trade for Tyson chandler or Noel or robin Lopez. Someone taller than 6’9 with an ounce of shot blocking ability  

TT should be exclusively off the bench until the playoffs. His entire purpose is to be an energy big. He can’t do that when he’s playing high minutes or trying to cover up everyone’s f ups. He’s always looked a lot better off the bench. 

Archived