2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Why are Celtics favourites in the East? Like have we not learned anything over the past 7 or 8 years? The Cavs were bad in regular season last year, particularly down the stretch and they swept the East where their most difficult series was the 1st round. I'm sorry but as long as LeBron is there I'm not favouring the Cs over the Cavs.

I am as big a Boston fan on here as it gets, yet even in my most optimistic mind set, I know it is still way too early to announce either Boston or Cleveland Favs as of now. But for a Boston fan this season is even better than I had hoped for thus far after losing a star in GH. The young stars keep developing. By next season Boston will be more seasoned and ready to take next step. This year is just like playing with the "banks money" IMO.

With the hype this team is gathering it's becoming a Finals or bust team. Last year they were playing with house money. This year LeBron's team looks more vulnerable than ever. We're not even a quarter way through the marathon, but so far the storyline is not the same as past year, given how awful Cleveland's defense is and how great the Celtics have looked (especially fresh off the hype of yesterday's impressive win).

46 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Kyrie is averaging 20.3 PPG, 5.3 APG, on 42.9 FG% and 31.9 3PT%.

Those are all pretty bad #s for him in comparison to the rest of his career.

He's playing great in the clutch but overall underperforming. Is it because he doesn't have as much spacing as last year or because he's having to expend a lot more energy on the defensive end compared to previous years? If his three point percentage progresses to the mean, then he may be the MVP candidate some think he is now. 

At an October 2016 league meeting in Houston, Hudson and Lockhart presented a slide that showed different variables measuring the popularity of the major sports leagues. At the top was the NFL. Various others, including Major League Soccer, were labeled "up-and-coming." At the bottom, under the category of "eroding," was the NBA, which had just signed a $24 billion TV deal with ESPN and TNT and was coming off its most watched Finals since 1998.

Nice try, Goodell...xD

Davis and Cousins are too good together to be undone by the Pelicans' wings.  What wing could be had for:

Asik
Top 10 Protected 1st Round Pick
2nd Round pick

DeMarre Carrol (without the 2nd rounder)? Tyler Johnson (not shooting well right now and Miami is out 2 1st rounders)?

If Utah and Charlotte keep disappointing, I'd be blowing up their phones trying to get Rodney Hood and Jeremy Lamb.

Archived