2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Then like 10 secs later he literally snatches the ball out of Westbrooks hands.

yeah whenever elf plays like **** and ORL twitter completely wrecks his mentions he usually comes out and has a game like he had tonight & then goes back to mediocracy. that was his best little flurry of action all year tho lol. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Random but his father Elf Payton Sr. is number 2 on the all time CFL sacks list. That random fact is brought up every time he plays the Raptors I figured if you didn't know you should. 

that, Vuc being in a train crash, fournier's parents being world-class muay thai competitors are brought up at least at least once a week during magic telecasts 

Just now, jfinley88 said:

that, Vuc being in a train crash, fournier's parents being world-class muay thai competitors are brought up at least at least once a week during magic telecasts 

Fair enough haha. I had no idea about Vuc and Fournier's parents but I guess why would I but a few times a year when they play the magic it's like oh yea his father was really really good and played up until the mid 2000's so not that long ago during the time I would have actually paid attention to the league. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Fair enough haha. I had no idea about Vuc and Fournier's parents but I guess why would I but a few times a year when they play the magic it's like oh yea his father was really really good and played up until the mid 2000's so not that long ago during the time I would have actually paid attention to the league. 

yeah my bad re-reading what i wrote it sounds like i was rudely dismissing your post, my bad if that came off like snarky lol. but yeah the repetitive fun facts could be like a drinking game tbh, they got the laziest, most uninteresting commentary crew in the league. 

25 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

yeah my bad re-reading what i wrote it sounds like i was rudely dismissing your post, my bad if that came off like snarky lol. but yeah the repetitive fun facts could be like a drinking game tbh, they got the laziest, most uninteresting commentary crew in the league. 

All good haha. The raptors broadcast team shares a lot of random facts someone of them pretty stupid and pointless especially for someone like my age yea I am well aware Steph Curry's farther Dell was a former Raptor and the young Steph would shoot threes in the ACC gym growing up I get it. 

I wasn't sure if you were aware as a football fan I know it's not the NFL but obviously if he was the #2 NFL all time sack leader you'd know but CFL maybe not. I vaguely remember him as a player as I was pretty into the cfl from the end of the Doug Flutie era in Toronto until about 2001-2002 when NFL became a lot easier to watch and it wasn't the one bill's game and one other game each week anymore and there were options. I probably kept up with it a while after I remember the Argos winning in 2004 or 2005 and being very into it that season.

Doug Flutie being on the chargers in the early 00's wasn't the lone factor but he played into it and saved me from life as what may very well have been being a bills fan due to geographical convenience.

I guess I will add that being a chargers fan over team _________ may not work for many teams as it has indeed caused a lot of heartbreak and unnecessary stress in my life as people may be quick to joke but it was a hell of a lot better to be on the other end of the Nate Peterman experience. 

*Ill be back to basketball talk in this section from here on out*

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

you don't o.O

How about he is an idiot who put a bull's-eye/target on his son's back, because he is an attention whore who doesn't know when to STFU. and stuff like that. B| 

He's not an idiot, he's a marketing genius lol everybody is always talking about him and his brand which does nothing but bring in more traffic. Yes the stuff he says about Lonzo>Curry and him>Jordan are obviously outlandish, but it's just a marketing ploy to get people talking and its worked. Idk why people get so angry with him, at the end of the day he and his family are making theirs and he's eating up every second of it, why not just be happy for him and his family?

You and others say he doesn't know when to "STFU" but you're clearly wrong, his son's in the NBA, his brand is doing well, his other son was stupid and got arrested in China but still has the opportunity to get a free education at a great college, and the other one is still too young to judge. I'd say Lavar is playing all his cards right so far

Archived