2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

13 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

So that Gary Harris contract looking nice now.

He really continues to get better and expand his game. Murray and Harris are both starting to really exceed expectations and Jokic is starting to play his best ball of the season. It's lit. 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

He really continues to get better and expand his game. Murray and Harris are both starting to really exceed expectations and Jokic is starting to play his best ball of the season. It's lit. 

Murray's start to the year was concerning but since December, he's been killing it. I do worry about Harris' minutes, seems to have affected his 3PT %, tired legs. Jokic really needs to to be consistent in being aggressive and he needs to score more imo. But he's creating a lot better now.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

So is Mason Plumlee better than Jusuf Nurkic? 

They both suck?

In all seriousness, Plumdog has been good for us compared to last season. They both rely on really good guard play and when they aren't getting that, you can see how bad they really are.

Obviously there is no guarantee LeBron re-signs, but a lot of folks in the game believe that will happen. So what do you do with the Nets pick? Do you risk the chance of LeBron leaving to give yourself a better chance of winning or stay the course and keep it? And lets be real, right now the Nets would be picking #8, so it's not like it is a top 3 pick or anything. They should soon get Russell back and that's a well coached team that plays hard every game. I changed my mind from earlier in the season and think the Cavs need to use it to make a REAL run at the title. Right now they have a very good team that may make it somewhat competitive against GS, but still not good enough to win it all. But another good piece with that pick? Then you're talking about a legitimate series. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously there is no guarantee LeBron re-signs, but a lot of folks in the game believe that will happen. So what do you do with the Nets pick? Do you risk the chance of LeBron leaving to give yourself a better chance of winning or stay the course and keep it? And lets be real, right now the Nets would be picking #8, so it's not like it is a top 3 pick or anything. They should soon get Russell back and that's a well coached team that plays hard every game. I changed my mind from earlier in the season and think the Cavs need to use it to make a REAL run at the title. Right now they have a very good team that may make it somewhat competitive against GS, but still not good enough to win it all. But another good piece with that pick? Then you're talking about a legitimate series. 

But the NBA  lottery is rigged so they'll end up with a top 3 pick if Lebron stays. 

I'd roll the dice on the draft pick, even if they end up with a Colin Sexton or Mikael Bridges I'd take that

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It all depends on who we could get with that nets pick.  DJ isn’t worth it. PG and boogie are too much of a risk to not resign. Gasol is too old and has been pretty bad lately. I think it’s more likely we use our own pick and maybe someone like cedi osman. I’d like to get robin Lopez. I think he’s obtainable for relatively cheap and would help us a lot inside. 

Bazmore and batum would be on my radar as well if we could get them with our own pick and salary filler. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Nets pick is actually at #10 right now FWIW

That's another thing, what exactly could they get for that pick? 

And OKC isn't trading PG, they are rolling and have a solid chance of making some noise in the playoffs. They aren't an easy out for anyone, especially when Westbrook/PG start playing 40+ minutes a game in the playoffs. 

Boogie is the wildcard here. Pelicans are either going to have to go on a solid run soon, or accept who they are, which is a pretty decent team with no chance of doing anything in the playoffs. And if that is the case, what is probability of Boogie returning? 

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

If only Paul didn't get injured :/.

Nuggets are finally looking like that team folks thought could compete w/ the Thunder, Spurs and Rockets.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If only Paul didn't get injured :/.

Nuggets are finally looking like that team folks thought could compete w/ the Thunder, Spurs and Rockets.

It's kind of been a good thing tbh. It got Lyles in the rotation and he has looked really good. I still think the Nuggets are in the third tier of the west behind those guys, but they have a bunch of home games in January so they might go on a little run this month 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

It's kind of been a good thing tbh. It got Lyles in the rotation and he has looked really good. I still think the Nuggets are in the third tier of the west behind those guys, but they have a bunch of home games in January so they might go on a little run this month 

That's true, who'd of imagined Trey Lyles becoming an above average rotation guy given his stint in Utah. Second best thing to happen recently has been Malone deciding to permanently take Mudiay and Faried out of the rotation and fully commit to Murray as the starting point guard and Jokic/Plumlee/Lyles/Chandler as his big man rotation. If the team can keep the ship afloat until Millsap returns around March, you should have a very deep rotation for the playoffs.

Murray
Harris/Craig
Chandler/Barton
Milsap/Lyles
Jokic/Plumlee

Archived