2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I wasn't really referring to dumb twitter, just NBA twitter in general. But I hear you. The Nets are not outta the top 5 pick woods yet either IMO. If it ends up being a late lottery pick then yeah I wouldn't be high on that deal. We'll see 

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I mean, yeah it's not awful but the Nets wouldn't do it unless they lose every game from now until the deadline

Dinwiddie is 24 years old is more than a good back-up, he's a good starter; D'lo is sliding to the 2 when he returns

Also, Carroll is going to be an expiring next year; I hope we can get a playoff team to overpay a late first for him this year though

Nah he’s a very good back up but he’s definitely not somebody I’d want starting for me as a PG. you could do a lot worse than him as a starter. Dlo should still be starter, Dindwiddie can run 2nd units and maybe in closing games you can move Dlo to the 2.

I mean this is all hypothetical haha.  No way either team actually engages in these talks.  Cleveland wouldn't trade that pick for a relative unknown and an okay Carroll, even if it did get them out of a year of Smith (that would piss off poor little LeBron).  But if it were me, you could probably convince me to trade Frye and Shumpert instead of Smith.  I'd want the Knicks 2019 2nd round pick or the (weirdly protected) Pacers 2018 2nd round pick thrown in for good measure.

I do agree the average fan who doesn't know who Dinwiddie is would be super upset and say Cleveland is getting killed in the trade.  But he has great size, still young, and could really help them now and post-LeBron.  I'm not sure how he is defensively though.  I haven't watched him enough.

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nah he’s a very good back up but he’s definitely not somebody I’d want starting for me as a PG. you could do a lot worse than him as a starter. Dlo should still be starter, Dindwiddie can run 2nd units and maybe in closing games you can move Dlo to the 2.

D'Angelo is going to play SG

Levert will most likely run the second unit

I feel like way less first round picks have been flying around - which makes a ton of sense with the rookie contracts vs the cap blowing up. It's idiotic to give a first round pick for a rental at this point, but that used to be pretty common. Nuggets got a first for Arron Afflalo expiring at the deadline and got two firsts for Mozgov (lol). I feel like we won't see many first rounders moving this year but who knows. 

Archived