2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Down by 20 something and Tatum goes off and the tide turned. Boston now winning by 15+..

In the mean time "clutch" B Simmons is a total no show in the 4th quarter AGAIN.

Not just the 4th.  Simmons completely disappeared the entire second half.  

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Down by 20 something and Tatum goes off and the tide turned. Boston now winning by 15+..

In the mean time "clutch" B Simmons is a total no show in the 4th quarter AGAIN.

And yet the two finished with the same amount of points on about the same amount of shots.... Its almost like they are in two different situations and one's team is more reliant on them to perform as a rookie than the other....

6 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

And yet the two finished with the same amount of points on about the same amount of shots.... Its almost like they are in two different situations and one's team is more reliant on them to perform as a rookie than the other....

Simmons was a zero factor the entire second half.

Even when Tatum wasn't scoring, he was playing well on defense and making hustle plays.

I'm still in the camp Simmons is probably the ROtY, but Tatum was better today.

7 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Dude has to be Tatums brother on some ****

"Tatum goes off"  lmao

Both had pretty average games.

Celtics clearly the better team 

1 minute ago, Knowledge said:

Dude has to be Tatums brother on some ****

"Tatum goes off"  lmao

Both had pretty average games.

Celtics clearly the better team 

The Celtics were down big and went to Tatum who got them back in the game on both ends of the court.

The Sixers were down big and Simmons was no where to be seen.  I honestly don't know if he got a single rebound or point the entire second half.

12 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Man, what are the Sixers coaches doing with Markelle Fultz? Anyone see his pre-game jumper form? It's unbelievably bad. He's like a hitter who is starting his swing AFTER the pitch hits the glove, right now.

It's a nightmare.  Whatever happened over the summer has turned Fultz into a nobody.  His form is still atrocious.  Like...how does he watch film of himself now and from 1 year ago and think "I'm gonna keep it how it is."?

76ers fans should stop hoping with him.  He's either physically or mentally broken and he's only played 4 games.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's a nightmare.  Whatever happened over the summer has turned Fultz into a nobody.  His form is still atrocious.  Like...how does he watch film of himself now and from 1 year ago and think "I'm gonna keep it how it is."?

76ers fans should stop hoping with him.  He's either physically or mentally broken and he's only played 4 games.

I mean, I've never seen anything this bad...

He's shooting a girl's form but...well...worse...

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Free Throw shot is back to form but not the jumper. Its one of the most confusing stories in sports I can remember. College and Summer league the jumper was fire. 2 months later complete crap. So confusing. I know Fultz said hes a avid BMXer. I wonder if he injured himself more than the team is telling people 

27 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

one ain't touted as the next lebron james and one hasn't spent a full year prior to this with a pro franchise

i luv ben simmons and i think he's quite obviously a better player but i think tatum had a bigger impact in this game

9 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

one ain't touted as the next lebron james and one hasn't spent a full year prior to this with a pro franchise

i luv ben simmons and i think he's quite obviously a better player but i think tatum had a bigger impact in this game

I feel you.  And I didn't watch more than the 4th quarter and I'm not saying Tatum didn't play better in this game in particular.  I'm just tired of the dude acting like Tatums role is holding him back and Simmons is only leading ROTY because his usage is higher but logic would tell you Tatum would have a lot more rough patches so far scoring and otherwise if he was depended upon the same way Simmons is.

I agree. I haven't been around much this season to see who is saying what but Tatum is so far ahead of any expectation I had for him. I don't like the rule that injured players can win ROY because true rookies like Kuzma and Tatum deserve that recognition. 

But Tatum is much better than Brown was last year. The two of them should be considered untouchable imo. 

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I mean, I've never seen anything this bad...

He's shooting a girl's form but...well...worse...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

lol he's never coming back. that's it. good job Colangelo, just wasted two (more than likely) top 3 picks. feels good as bucks fan.

Archived