2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Alright this was Toronto's first and I think only game on TNT all year and with Kyle Lowry hurt and Serge Ibaka suspended playing against a LeBron James led team on multiple days there was no way this wasn't gonna be a blowout but 133-99 my God wtf happened? One team was just unfazed by the pressure of this being a big January game and played it like a playoff game while the other team sorta folded. I know for a lot of people this was the first time they've seen Toronto play but just listen....

Wait....

What?????

Really???

Nevermind.

Go Raps. 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the bench played incredible in the 1st half. Jacob had 4 blocks I believe, Fred scoring all over the place, Siakam destroyed Love for a stretch. was impressive

Bench has been amazing most of the season. Love all the young guys. 

Thanks for the title props I just noticed it haha. That was an insane game. 

Saw some of the 3rd quarter, the Cavs should sit Love for a few games. He seems tired and isn't even close with some of his shots. 

L-O-L at Reggie saying Cavs got some reinforcements coming in Shumpert and Rose. I doubt Shumpert even plays and Rose won't be in the rotation if everyone is healthy. I mean he may end up getting in the rotation, but this team isn't going to get better because of those two. I think Thompson probably gets in the starting line up soon and you may need to go with Korver over Smith. 

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

“Cavs suck”

This isn't a joke anymore.  They got hot for a minute and beat a few bad teams in a row, but I'm not buying them at all this season without some kind of crazy trade.  Blown out 3x in a week on national tv...xD

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

The Lakers played really well in the 4th (Lopez and Randle looked so bored on the bench haha).  Lonzo has actually shot well since the beginning of December too.

Still waiting for the Lakers to trade Randle...

Luke needs to play Kuzma and Ball together more often... and probably stop playing Ennis. 

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This isn't a joke anymore.  They got hot for a minute and beat a few bad teams in a row, but I'm not buying them at all this season without some kind of crazy trade.  Blown out 3x in a week on national tv...xD

They should troll LeBron and trade all of their veterans for youth and picks.

-Love and Calderon to Utah for Favors, Exum, Bradley, and their 2018 1st.
-Thomas and Rose to OKC for Kyle Singler and Terrance Ferguson.

Then just beg teams to take Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, and Iman Shumpert.  Pick a lane.  Quit trying to appease LeBron.  It'd be amazing.

59 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They should troll LeBron and trade all of their veterans for youth and picks.

-Love and Calderon to Utah for Favors, Exum, Bradley, and their 2018 1st.
-Thomas and Rose to OKC for Kyle Singler and Terrance Ferguson.

Then just beg teams to take Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, and Iman Shumpert.  Pick a lane.  Quit trying to appease LeBron.  It'd be amazing.

If that happened then they would have to trade LeBron on the deadline making it the greatest deadline day in the history of any sport no matter if it's the only deal of consequence. 

Obviously neither of what you nor I said would happen but it would be an insane story arch for this insane season. 

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

Raps are pgood.

Hopefully they don't kill my dreams in the playoffs again.

Just gotta hope this year is different even if we don't expect to beat them in a seven game series which I still don't at this point perhaps a 6/7 game series would be in play as opposed to 4/5 games and who knows I guess is all you can say. 

They defended Derozan like they would in the playoffs early on but it's a new system it's a new group of contributors it's a new Demar he was able to sit back trust the young guys and make the right plays rather than folding and forcing some stupid bs long two while double teamed. It's a good sign. 

Todays a day to enjoy just temper everything that's wrong with the Cavs for a little bit right now. 

About 6 weeks ago I bought tickets to tonight's Pacers vs. Cavs game in Indianapolis. Since I'm in Dayton, it's only 2 hours for me (today's weather though is BRUTAL with freezing rain and snow everywhere). I've never been to an NBA Game and looking forward to it. That said, losing 7 out of 10 on a brutal road trip, with a back to back coming off of last night's 34 point loss and the Warriors on Monday, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I'm going. Hopefully they right this thing tonight gearing up for Monday, but I'm not holding my breath. They've lost 14 of their last 15 in Indianapolis too, I believe.

Archived