2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

7 hours ago, El ramster said:

Suns are straight garbage.

I really have no idea what kind of team the Suns want to be/should be going forward. Yeah, they have a bunch of lottery picks on the team, but there's really only two guys you can remotely build around right now; Booker and Warren. And they are both high usage scorers, so do you want a talented defensive big next to them? But does that make sense if they want to play fast? Do they invest in the PG position? But that ultimately means taking the ball out of Warren and Bookers hands. I feel like one of Ayton/Doncic/Porter is the best fit for this team, but I'm just not sure what direction they want to go in terms of style of play.

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I really have no idea what kind of team the Suns want to be/should be going forward. Yeah, they have a bunch of lottery picks on the team, but there's really only two guys you can remotely build around right now; Booker and Warren. And they are both high usage scorers, so do you want a talented defensive big next to them? But does that make sense if they want to play fast? Do they invest in the PG position? But that ultimately means taking the ball out of Warren and Bookers hands. I feel like one of Ayton/Doncic/Porter is the best fit for this team, but I'm just not sure what direction they want to go in terms of style of play.

People were crapping on the Nuggets for doing the half-*** rebuild thing bc they kept solid vets that had trade value and put a competent team out there to win 30-40 games, but I think that type of rebuild really has it's benefits. The Suns are so far away from being worth a damn if they stay on the development path. They have an absolute stud though and that is the biggest thing in a rebuild. They probably need to pick a couple assets/young players to sell off and get some solid players. And figure out the coaching situation. 

Here's the thing about rebuilds that I've realized. There are so many steps. Winning in the NBA is so effing hard. It's why NFL fans don't appreciate.

Step 1: Getting high end talent (can take 1-3 years)

Step 2: That high end talent paying off (can take 1-3 years realistically)

Step 3: Making sure the high end talent is in the right culture with the right coach

Step 4: Getting the right pieces around your high end talent to best fit their playing style

Step 5: Your team learning how to close out games and win against veterans (been 1+ year process for nuggets)

Step 6: Your team becoming consistent on a night to night basis 

This all has to happen before a young team can become a legitimate playoff team. Minnesota traded for a top 10 player to get to where they are right now and I could still see them losing in the first round. 

33 minutes ago, champ11 said:

People were crapping on the Nuggets for doing the half-*** rebuild thing bc they kept solid vets that had trade value and put a competent team out there to win 30-40 games, but I think that type of rebuild really has it's benefits. The Suns are so far away from being worth a damn if they stay on the development path. They have an absolute stud though and that is the biggest thing in a rebuild. They probably need to pick a couple assets/young players to sell off and get some solid players. And figure out the coaching situation. 

They should see if Charlotte really won't trade Walker unless it's for an All-Star.  Anything but Phoenix's 1st this year on the table.

Phoenix receives:
Kemba Walker
Dwight Howard
Michael Carter-Williams
Trevor Graham

Charlotte receives:
Greg Monroe
Tyson Chandler
Dragan Bender
Tyler Ulis
2018 Miami 1st Round Pick
2018 Milwaukee 1st Round Pick

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Phoenix receives:
Kemba Walker
Dwight Howard
Michael Carter-Williams
Trevor Graham

Charlotte receives:
Greg Monroe
Tyson Chandler
Dragan Bender
Tyler Ulis

This seems like a NBA 2K trade lol

this dude just doesn’t get it... team needs a boost in the starting lineup so he brings in one of the worst players in the league and kills what little spacing we had. TT and love don’t work together. They’re too small and too limited. And he keeps jr in the starting lineup? We’ve got korver wade and cedi all better than him and he keeps that turd in. I hate lue and wish bad things on him. 

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

this dude just doesn’t get it... team needs a boost in the starting lineup so he brings in one of the worst players in the league and kills what little spacing we had. TT and love don’t work together. They’re too small and too limited. And he keeps jr in the starting lineup? We’ve got korver wade and cedi all better than him and he keeps that turd in. I hate lue and wish bad things on him. 

I don't have a problem with this move. Gives you guys more size and rebounding. Love at C only works if LeBron is active on the boars because Crowder gets dominated in that area. LeBron isn't going to play hard enough for it to work. Really, he needs to be playing full time PF at this stage of his career but obviously doesn't want to. JR isn't hitting shots and not defending and probably wouldn't be playing much for most playoff teams, but some how he keeps starting in Cleveland lol. If the Hill trade goes down, you could just start him and bring JR off the bench. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't have a problem with this move. Gives you guys more size and rebounding. Love at C only works if LeBron is active on the boars because Crowder gets dominated in that area. LeBron isn't going to play hard enough for it to work. Really, he needs to be playing full time PF at this stage of his career but obviously doesn't want to. JR isn't hitting shots and not defending and probably wouldn't be playing much for most playoff teams, but some how he keeps starting in Cleveland lol. If the Hill trade goes down, you could just start him and bring JR off the bench. 

TT doesn’t provide size though. He doesn’t alter any shots he can’t switch anymore and he’s not a good defensive rebounder.  Dudes shoot right over him. Same with Kevin. Having 2 of those guys on the floor together with one who’s a complete zero on offense is making your team worse. 

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They should see if Charlotte really won't trade Walker unless it's for an All-Star.  Anything but Phoenix's 1st this year on the table.

Phoenix receives:
Kemba Walker
Dwight Howard
Michael Carter-Williams
Trevor Graham

Charlotte receives:
Greg Monroe
Tyson Chandler
Dragan Bender
Tyler Ulis

I think they're serious. They won't take mid to late first because they don't trust themselves in drafting. 

Archived