2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Woj just said Bradley has been made available. The Cavs seem like a perfect match as long as they are willing to give up their 1st. Will they do that for a potential one year rental? Boston Celtics back court reunites!

Supposedly the George Hill deal didn't go down because he wasn't going to accept a buyout AFTER this season. Not sure why the Cavs thought he would, but that was to save them in case LeBron leaves. But why the hell would Hill agree to give up his 20 million that he is owed next year? 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Woj just said Bradley has been made available. The Cavs seem like a perfect match as long as they are willing to give up their 1st. Will they do that for a potential one year rental? Boston Celtics back court reunites!

Supposedly the George Hill deal didn't go down because he wasn't going to accept a buyout AFTER this season. Not sure why the Cavs thought he would, but that was to save them in case LeBron leaves. But why the hell would Hill agree to give up his 20 million that he is owed next year? 

Dumb.  Pull the trigger, Cleveland.  He's only guaranteed for $1 million in 2019-20.  Just waive him then if LeBron leaves.

I saw someone on SI say Cleveland should target Dewayne Dedmon instead of DeAndre Jordan.  That'd be a good get for them and would cost them half as much.  If they add Hill and Dedmon then they'd have a better chance to win the East.  Atlanta won't trade him without getting an asset, though.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Dumb.  Pull the trigger, Cleveland.  He's only guaranteed for $1 million in 2019-20.  Just waive him then if LeBron leaves.

I saw someone on SI say Cleveland should target Dewayne Dedmon instead of DeAndre Jordan.  That'd be a good get for them and would cost them half as much.  If they add Hill and Dedmon then they'd have a better chance to win the East.  Atlanta won't trade him without getting an asset, though.

Honestly, if I'm the Cavs, I'd rather get Bradley over Hill. I think both would be good obviously, but Bradley's defense would be huge in the finals if the Cavs get there.

What would they have to give up to get Dedmon assuming they send their 1st rounder to the Pistons for Bradley? 

10 hours ago, Slinky said:

Buck fans that used to love Jason Kidd are now celebrating his departure. xD

Nobody loved Kidd. It was more about the constant drivel being written than it was about Kidd. The last two years, everyone has been anti-Kidd. Prior to that, it was a wait and see/patient approach. Once Giannis took that next step, we lost said patience with him.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, if I'm the Cavs, I'd rather get Bradley over Hill. I think both would be good obviously, but Bradley's defense would be huge in the finals if the Cavs get there.

What would they have to give up to get Dedmon assuming they send their 1st rounder to the Pistons for Bradley? 

Bradley would be better, but not for the cost if it's going to require Cleveland's 1st Rounder.  If Sacramento would really pull the trigger for just Shumpert and Frye, then that's the better deal.

If they did give up their 1st rounder as part of another trade, then it'd take Zizic or Osman to get Dedmon I think.  Dedmon is most likely an expiring contract, so they aren't going to trade him just because someone wants him.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who is having a better season between Steph and Harden?

Definitely Curry.  He'd be an easy front-runner for MVP if he didn't miss so many games.  Hell, he's still right in the thick of it even with missing so many games.  Unless he misses more time or Houston/Cleveland go on a crazy run with Harden/LeBron putting up big numbers, he'll probably win if he keeps up this level of play and Golden State paces the league by 8+ wins.

I just think Harden is close to a lock to winning the MVP as long as the Rockets win 60+ games and he doesn't suffer another injury. And I can't see Steph/KD winning MVP as long as they are playing together at this level. If one was to slow down like Wade did in Miami, then sure. But Steph isn't even top 3 on some lists. 

Archived