2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

39 minutes ago, showtime said:

What's the thought process of the Lakers trading Nance and Clarkson for Thomas?  Is it strictly to dump salary because they surely would not re-sign Thomas, would they?

exactly. Dumped Clarkson's salary, and acquired a first and an expiring contract. IT is just gravy.

Just now, 49er pride said:

exactly. Dumped Clarkson's salary, and acquired a first and an expiring contract. IT is just gravy.

Yea and this is exactly what IT wants.  He'll get to put up a ton of shots and stats on a bad team so maybe he can prove he has recovered from his injury.  He really wants that huge payday he has never had.  I just feel sorry for whatever team gives it to him.

As a Cavs fan, they are/were in purgatory either way.

If they DIDN'T make these trades, they're the oldest roster in the NBA, who can't play defense, and has a ridiculously high salary, with the best player on the planet, who has refused to waive his no trade clause, and has one foot out the door.

If they DO make these trades, they at least get younger, and at worst, make lateral moves. At best, somehow they catch lightning in a bottle and MAYBE make things interesting.

In the first scenario, they don't have a shot in the Eastern Conference, let alone the NBA Finals.

In the second scenario, they still probably don't have a shot, but they at least have a prayer.

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

good move

I have probably watch 15 games a season for the Suns the last 5-6 years (w/ exception of the one year we were good).

dog i cant ****in handle this **** anymore. this basketball team that i have no legit connection to other than choosing to root for them is PIIIIISSSSSSIIIINNNG me off more than any other thing in my life atm 

Archived