2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

5 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

idk, this may be a throwaway year sort of like when they sat Duncan during the postseason due to his knee. Also, I feel like Pop is playing Manu and Ginobilli more than he'd like to. Maybe he'll sit Parker and Ginobilli more often leading up to the playoffs so they have fresh legs.

The talent on the team sucks. It's crazy that they've won so many games man. Will be interesting to see the matchup they get in the playoffs because they aren't going to be more talented than the team they face, most likely.

26 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

current awards:

MVP: James Harden

DPOY: Draymond Green

ROY: Ben Simmons

COY: Brad Stevens

6th: Lou Williams

MVP: Harden

DPOY: KD

ROY: Mitchell

COY: Quin Snyder

6th: Barton

MIP: Jaylen Brown

EOY: Daryl Morey

Decided to add the last two.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Spurs are going to be healthy going into the post season and they are going to knock off some team in the 1st round that wont see it coming, and might win a ring. I know it seems crazy to say, but its the Spurs....

They are the 3rd seed.  I would hope they knock off a team like Den or Portland round 1.  LOL

29 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Quin Snyder? a guy whose team is worse than last year? thats interesting

They lost Gordon this off-season, rolling with a rookie SG and lost Gobert for a good part of the season and are right in there for a playoff spot. If they keep on rolling which I think they will, they can easily be 4th/5th seed.

19 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Does Lou not start ..... ? 

Nope, he's come off the bench in 40 of the 54 games. He only started during the stretch Rivers was hurt.

The awards this year are pretty easy. Only difficult or questionable choices are at DPOY/ROY or COY. And the latter I think should go to Casey. The Raptors have the second highest point differential in the league and are on pace to win almost 60 games. 

So really just the DPOY/ROY are at question. I almost want to give the DPOY to Gobert since he's been a monster defender the last three years but hasn't won the award once. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, he's come off the bench in 40 of the 54 games. He only started during the stretch Rivers was hurt.

The awards this year are pretty easy. Only difficult or questionable choices are at DPOY/ROY or COY. And the latter I think should go to Casey. The Raptors have the second highest point differential in the league and are on pace to win almost 60 games. 

So really just the DPOY/ROY are at question. I almost want to give the DPOY to Gobert since he's been a monster defender the last three years but hasn't won the award once. 

People were really talking about this dude being an all-star in the west and he doesn't start? Man GTFO! 

25 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

He plays 32+ minutes a game. If I had to guess, he likes coming off the bench

All logic would say it doesn't really matter, but I just don't want to get down with one of the 24 best basketball players in the NBA at a given time coming off the bench. On a meh team. Yuck 

Archived