2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

People think AD now have a chance at MVP?   LOL

If the Pelicans finish as a top 4 seed without Boogie, I dont see why thats crazy. Him finishing 3rd or 4th with that surrounding talent, and his insane numbers, is WAY more impressive than Harden and his All Star team finishing 1 or 2 lol

28 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

If the Pelicans finish as a top 4 seed without Boogie, I dont see why thats crazy. Him finishing 3rd or 4th with that surrounding talent, and his insane numbers, is WAY more impressive than Harden and his All Star team finishing 1 or 2 lol

the all star team that had one all star

27 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

That's still not as impressive as what Harden has done. If Pelicans finish 3rd or 4th that's not saying nothing to brag about considering how jumbled up the West is after the Rockets/Warriors.  Pelicans schedule gets tougher too so they can easily miss the playoffs as well.

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

That's still not as impressive as what Harden has done. If Pelicans finish 3rd or 4th that's not saying nothing to brag about considering how jumbled up the West is after the Rockets/Warriors.  Pelicans schedule gets tougher too so they can easily miss the playoffs as well.

Harden is surrounded with considerably more talent, dont be foolish.

This is really good for anyone who hasn't seen it.  It's just Shaq and Kobe talking.  It's crazy that both swung at each other earlier in their careers together and then how much Kobe wanted to fist fight Shaq around the 02 or 03 season.   Kobe saying that Phil Jackson intentionally said little quotes (like saying who's team it is) to create tension within the team, etc. And then there are some other interesting tidbits that I have never heard before until this sit down with both of them.

27 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Another team besides the Rockets is allowed to get just a minute of praise you know.

Because its facts. Look, I have no problems with the AD praise.  I have a problem with people thinking he should win the MVP based on what he has done during this WS. The only time the words "AD" and "MVP" should be in the same sentence is if you are talking about runner up behind James Harden.

22 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Just because a player doesn’t make the all star team doesn’t mean he isn’t.

Paul is an unquestioned superstar.

I was joking about the phrasing of that statement. In a vacuum individually the talent on that team really isn't all that amazing - they just pretty much eat off how incredible Harden is....and Paul as well now. Dude just dribbles in ISO, is the highest volume and has the best efficiency in ISO in the league (HOW!!??), and they have an incredible offense still. They are like bottom five in passing and assists. It's actually insane. 

Pretty much Morey did an incredible job of putting the right pieces around Harden and Paul. And committed to having a deep team that actually matches up okay with the Warriors. It could be fun. I could also see it being a 5 game series lol. 

Archived