2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wizards may not play Beal or Wall in the 4th quarter today.....

didn't the wiz say last year that the Cavs intentionally tried to get seeded to avoid the wiz as long as possible? sad if the wiz actually try this

11 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

oh come on don't make me defend kyrie, this is a bad take 

Kyrie is an amazing talent but he thinks he is better than what he is. He has a lot of Kobe like qualities off and on the court. Kind of hard to root for ppl like that. Which I’m sure he could careless about. He’s fun to watch but other then that I do not care for him anymore after that trade demand.

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

so do we get to re-evaluate the Kyrie trade now?

Cavs still lost.. big

Kyrie is better than all of those depth players combined. Celtics are winners the gap just isn’t as large since Cavs traded Thomas, Channing, Shump and Crowder.

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

didn't the wiz say last year that the Cavs intentionally tried to get seeded to avoid the wiz as long as possible? sad if the wiz actually try this

Yes they did, but LeBron dropped 57 on their head the next time those two teams faced off. Wizards gotta play it smart. Or maybe the Heat try to get the 7th seed instead?

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Kyrie done for the year and I do not feel sorry for this idiot at all. Guy thought he was capable of carrying a team and he couldn’t even make it thru an 82 game season. Pfff let alone stay healthy for playoffs. Humble yourself dude. 

*in Before the “he lead the C’s to #2 seed” thats great let me know when he can make it a whole year not going injured. He had it EASY playing with the GOAT and took the hard road. Live and you learn, can’t help stupid. Or in this case egotistic people...

This is sh*t-tier bait. Lol

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

A trade for AD would have to involve Simmons/Fultz I'd imagine.

Which would be a no brainer if Lebron were willing to commit long term but you can’t risk trading Simmons if he keeps signing 1 year deals.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I firmly believe he'd be our starting SF, and we'd move Covington to our 6th man.

Dario Saric is likely going to be our full-time starting PF for the foreseeable future.

My outlook on what the team looks like next year (with LeBron)

C: Joel Embiid - Amir Johnson - Richaun Holmes
PF: Dario Saric - Ersan Ilyasova
SF: LeBron James - Robert Covington - Mikal Bridges
SG: Markelle Fultz? (Don't think we can bring back Redick and sign LeBron) - Timothy Luwawu-Cabbarot
PG: Ben Simmons - TJ McConnel 

Given how this team has played as of late, that squad I could definitely see winning 60+ games.

Dario fits much better as a 6th man than Cov does.

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Cavs still lost.. big

Kyrie is better than all of those depth players combined. Celtics are winners the gap just isn’t as large since Cavs traded Thomas, Channing, Shump and Crowder.

It’s still undecided. Probably the biggest reason they made that trade was because of the Nets pick. So depending on what that pick becomes and if it’s used for a selection or trade for an established player. It’s still undecided

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wizards are licking their chops at the potential of a first round matchup with the Celtics. Even with Kyrie out, the rivalry between the two teams would still make for some great playoff basketball.

I think every team would want to face Boston in the playoffs right now. They are missing their two best players 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I think every team would want to face Boston in the playoffs right now. They are missing their two best players 

Indeed, but I was more so speaking on the animosity aspect between the two team stemming from last year. Meaning to say even without Kyrie, the story lines between the two teams should still make for compelling TV.

16 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Indeed, but I was more so speaking on the animosity aspect between the two team stemming from last year. Meaning to say even without Kyrie, the story lines between the two teams should still make for compelling TV.

I think its hard to really think it will be as hyped as last year because Boston is such a different team

Archived