2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

How do the Grizzlies stay good? I physically don't understand.

They just want to keep it close.  The Grizzlies have a crazy ability to pull out close games and have for years now...though you have to think eventually that luck will run out.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They just want to keep it close.  The Grizzlies have a crazy ability to pull out close games and have for years now...though you have to think eventually that luck will run out.

I just don't understand! Outside of Gasol and Conley, they really don't have that much talent. I mean they kind of freaking suck outside of those two honestly. I just don't understand how they play so well every year with the lack of talent. I feel like every year I'm saying yep, this is the year the Grizzlies suck.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

I just don't understand! Outside of Gasol and Conley, they really don't have that much talent. I mean they kind of freaking suck outside of those two honestly. I just don't understand how they play so well every year with the lack of talent. I feel like every year I'm saying yep, this is the year the Grizzlies suck.

Fizdale is a great coach.

They've been missing their 3rd best player too.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Clearly. Good for the Grizzlies though. I'm just going to stop doubting them tbh.

Winning in the NBA is so freakin hard - the nuggets are still so young and struggling closing out games - it really is such a tough skill/ability and I guess the Grizz are really good at it lol 

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Well you can miss a crap load of shots against Philly without Embiid and win by 40 you can't really do the same against San Antonio even without Leonard. Raps kinda blew this one especially considering this is the start of a 6 game west coast trip with the Warriors up next it would have been nice to get this win. San Antonio is a great team though. Would love to go 4-2 on this trip and that's still in play but I'll take 3-3. Still gotta figure out the new offense playing the Bulls and Sixers in the first two games really wasn't the best indicator. 

The Spurs are a machine. I wonder how many games they could win without Kawhi for the entire season? Over/under 48?

57 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Winning in the NBA is so freakin hard - the nuggets are still so young and struggling closing out games - it really is such a tough skill/ability and I guess the Grizz are really good at it lol 

That's it right here. It just comes down to how young teams close games out at the end. T-Wovles were terrible at it the last two years but it may be changing now. Grizzlies are just tough, hard to get anything on them down the stretch and Conley is pretty damn clutch on the other end. Of course, their lack of talent will do them in the playoffs like always, but for them to get there for this many years in a row is impressive.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Funny how that works sometimes. We’ve seen it happen a lot of times where ball stoppers or ball dominate players who are good players leave a team and the team improves. At least in the short term. 

Shouldn't be more than a one game spark like AP to the Cards.  McDonough should be fired before hiring another coach.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes. Brothers.

One works for the Suns, one for the Cards, one commentates for MNF, and their sisters have big time jobs too iirc.

Damn, both brothers with high front office jobs in the same area. Not bad. 

I totally forgot about Sean McDonough. 

Impressive family.

Archived