Rams trading DT Michael Brockers to Lions

RaidersAreOne

He's not Rankins but he is a consistent defender who has positional diversity, he can play inside or out and I will take 5 sacks from a DT any day of the week. Holmes doesn't seem to be the type to get screwed on trading, unlike his predecessors. Build with quality for lower cost, establish leadership and locker room integrity, and sign players who can use their knowledge to help younger or even veterans with technique, situational awareness, and overall team chemistry. Great trade for a quality man who will be an asset on and off the field. Go Holmes, build this beast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Brockers was pretty much guaranteed to get cut so I don’t really love giving up assets for him.  Feels like throwing your old employer a bone.  Shouldn’t be anything more than a 7th or maybe a pick swap.  

It also means that you're guaranteed to get him on the cheap as opposed to trying to convince him to sign with us. If it's a 6th and we're expecting comp picks for next year, it's worth it.

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It also means that you're guaranteed to get him on the cheap as opposed to trying to convince him to sign with us. If it's a 6th and we're expecting comp picks for next year, it's worth it.

Either way the deal shouldn’t be much to worry about but it’s not on the cheap.  I read we’d be paying him 6.5 which in this market is probably closer to his high mark at this point in his career.  

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Either way the deal shouldn’t be much to worry about but it’s not on the cheap.  I read we’d be paying him 6.5 which in this market is probably closer to his high mark at this point in his career.  

Cheap as in draft capital. He's a proven guy and fits a need. He's at least an upgrade over Shelton. Rankins would want a larger contract, so maybe this is Plan B.

• Like 1