Dolphins sign C Matt Skura (1 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

He wasn't as good as he usually was pre-injury, but still service for the first part of the year. Then he just completely lost the ability to snap in shotgun/pistol formations. At first it seemed like it was the rain in NE. And then the excuse was a cut on his hand. But it didn't improve at all and he got benched for it. Maybe he had some unreported ligament damage? Or just the yips? It was very strange, I've never encounter an established C just lose his snapping ability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Any insight, Ravens fans?

Don't let him snap in the rain. Other than that, he's not a bad C at all. He worked his way from a UDFA to a 51-game starter and a Pro-Bowler for 1 year. He just came off of major knee surgery and wasn't very good for us, but if he gets back to form, he's a solid starting C who is still relatively young.

• Like 1

He was quite literally the worst player on our team last year; pay no mind to PFF and their Patrick Queen slander. He was ok in 2019, but I never thought he was good. He just didn't hold back a very good offense around him. 

Iit's fine to see if he recovers and can be serviceable depth, but I don't think he should be penciled in for a starting spot even if healthy