Raiders sign RB Kenyan Drake (2 years, up to $14.5, $11M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, .Buzz said:

$5.5M still echoes my thoughts to be fair lol.

It's not cheap but we've been running Jacobs into the ground and as a result has been getting hurt and less effective. We needed a big time COP back and I don't think $5.5 for a low end RB1/high end RB2 is that bad. We now have one of the better and more well-rounded RB rooms.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This won't be much on the cap if we cut our backup RB. A net of ~ 3 million if we move on from Richard. That being said, I agree that we need to continue to invest into the defense. I'm not sure where things are on that front.

whether or not we cut another player, 5.5 mil on a backup RB is bad business. 7+ is terrible business.

• Like 1

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

in your opinion?

He probably meant IIRC.   It happens lol.

(But yes @Turnobili is correct - incentives likely to be hit are counted for present-year, unlikely to next year.  Don't ask how they decide this - it's probably the same spinning wheel that doles out punishment).

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

whether or not we cut another player, 5.5 mil on a backup RB is bad business. 7+ is terrible business.

Terrible is very strong. He is a good player and he's going to play a lot. People were complaining about RB depth. Booker is getting 3 a year. Paying Drake 5.5 when Drake is substantially better isn't the worst thing in the world. We were paying Richard 3.5. What is 2 more million in the big scheme of things? 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's not cheap but we've been running Jacobs into the ground and as a result has been getting hurt and less effective. We needed a big time COP back and I don't think $5.5 for a low end RB1/high end RB2 is that bad. We now have one of the better and more well-rounded RB rooms.

I'm not saying having more than 1 RB/someone to take the weight off Jacobs is bad, I'm talking strictly from a $ prospective.

Just not a smart investment imo.

Terrible is very strong. He is a good player and he's going to play a lot. People were complaining about RB depth. Booker is getting 3 a year. Paying Drake 5.5 when Drake is substantially better isn't the worst thing in the world. We were paying Richard 3.5. What is 2 more million in the big scheme of things? 

it is. and i used it intentionally.

That's where I am at too. We're a lot more explosive and versatile on O now. Too expensive but I am glad he's a Raider. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Tired: Paying good OL

Wired: Paying a RB after cutting good OL because of cap issues

If we're talking Jackson and Brown, Brown didn't even play and Jackson wasn't great last year. Hudson literally asked to be released so we didn't have much of a choice. But I do agree there are a lot of other places I'd invest $ first. OL/S/CB.