Raiders sign RB Kenyan Drake (2 years, up to $14.5, $11M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Tired: Paying good OL

Wired: Paying a RB after cutting good OL because of cap issues

EDIT: Also, LOL at drafting Lynn Bowden Jr in this role, then cutting him and then bringing in Kenyan Drake to do the same thing

Drake is exactly what Gruden wanted when we drafted Bowden Jr. He just sucked and had character issues. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember hearing the Cards weren't utilizing him well in the passing game. He showed major flashes in college and Miami receiving so I am skeptical he's poor at that now.

how well have the raiders used Jacobs' receiving ability that he showed in college?

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

such a shame that drafting a WR to play full time RB with a day 2 pick didnt work out

In watching Bowden with the Dolphins last year it was difficult to believe anyone ever viewed him as a running back. He was okay at receiver, albeit not sudden or explosive enough. Looks like a guy you can live with but would always like to upgrade.

Drake contract is one of few that really surprised me on the high end. I saw a comment in this thread that he ruined fantasy guys last season. How is that possible? Kenyan Drake has always been a tease. He has never been trusted with anything close to a full load, regardless of college or pro or any head coach. Part timer who can do quite a bit with some of those touches. 

Raiders need to get the ball into the end zone in key situations. Maybe Drake's versatility will help. I still have visions of that laughably incompetent red zone play calling late last season, specifically overtime versus the Chargers and several times versus the Dolphins.

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hmmmmm... Cards maybe heavy on Najee Harris or Etienne early in the draft?

Fournette? Don't mean to thread hijack, I just wasn't full expecting it. 

If they were to do Chase Edmonds dirty like that after all he's done when healthy and given the opportunity is produce...

then again... that sounds like an extremely Steve Keim thing to do.

I legitimately have no idea what the Raiders are doing, to be honest. It seems like they never have a fully formed plan...they just zig and zag with whatever opportunity is there. I think that's a long standing Gruden tradition though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I legitimately have no idea what the Raiders are doing, to be honest. It seems like they never have a fully formed plan...they just zig and zag with whatever opportunity is there. I think that's a long standing Gruden tradition though. 

I have a strong suspicion that a roulette wheel is somehow involved.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

my hope was that mayock would reign him in, but i guess hiring a GM with zero actual front office experience wasn't really a good way to accomplish that. he just seems like an enabler