Browns sign CB Troy Hill

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Pardon me .

I like 3 1000yard receiver instead of none like last year.

Ok I can make more sense of this now. I thought you were talking about Kyle Fuller as this is a thread about a CB signing

That being said, it'd be very hard for 3 guys to go over 1000 yards in this offense. I'd rather have  multi dimensional WRs because blocking is a must. Well that and catching the ball.

Edited by TeHDruiD

57 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Mayfield never will be on Mahomes' level.

He is not nearly the athlete.

Uh, not sure how that makes much sense. Mahomes isn't nearly the athlete that Lamar Jackson is. Brady isn't nearly the athlete Cam Newton is. Bernie Kosar wasn't nearly the athlete Johnny Manziel was. I could go on all day.

Mahomes is special. He is a plus athlete at the QB position but not the athlete that Lamar, Allen, Murray, Watson, Wilson, Hurts, etc... are. I'd put him along the likes of Ryan Tannehill.

Now as far as arm talent he is top 5. Baker probably is also top 5 though. Where Mahomes excels is he combines the athletic ability and great arm with a little magic. Throw in the most explosive receiving threats in the league and a great offensive line and that is a recipe for success. He won't always have that. His receivers won't always be as great. His line issues are current. He isn't going to get more athletic. There is a really good chance his best year ever will be his 1st year starting.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Brady and Manning did it, neither were the athlete Mayfield is. Your story doesn't check out.

Did what?

"combined...athletic ability and great arm with a little magic".

Your reasoning is more than a little convoluted.

Just now, bruceb said:

Did what?

"combined...athletic ability and great arm with a little magic".

Your reasoning is more than a little convoluted.

Had as good of seasons. You don't have to be a great athlete (Mahomes isn't a great athlete) to be a great QB.

That combination, along with the supporting cast is what made Mahomes great his first year and why he has remained very good since. There is more than one way to skin a cat. You can't say Mayfield can't be on his level because of athletic ability.

Others without Mayfield's athletic ability have been on that level including Brady who pretty much everyone believes is the GOAT. He was a below average athlete, like Marino or Kosar. He didn't even have a great arm like Marino. Besides quarterback savvy, which obviously aren't reliant on athletic ability, the only advantage Brady has (had) over Baker is height.

So Baker could be on Mahomes level, it is possible. If he never reaches it I don't think it's because Mahomes is a slightly better athlete.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You can't say Mayfield can't be on his level because of athletic ability.

Yes, I can.

Given equal support, Mahomes always would come out on top.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Mahomes is a slightly better athlete.

Much more than slightly.

Mahomes athleticism allows him to make plays that Mayfield is physically incapable of making.

I’d still like Kyle Fuller 

That’d be a lot of money 

maybe pay him a crazy 1 year deal. And then we can gauge Denzel’s health and the type of contract he’ll command. Because either way we are barely spending anything at linebacker and as of right now Myles is the only big pay player in our front 7. Restructure Richardson sign Fuller. You gotta have insurance with Denzels injury history anyway 

• Like 1