2021 FFMD War Room- New York Jets(5.155 Tamorrion Terry, WR)

KingOfNewYork

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

OG, RB (if Harris or Etienne are there), CB or WR (if someone too good to pass up is there like Marshall).

Would you consider Campbell or Stokes good CB’s?  Etienne went 24. Keep in mind, 4 CB’s went before 24 and we still have 10 picks to go. The real question is if anyone considers Stokes or Campbell to big of a reach. There is also the possibility of trading down a few spots and having them available along with a decent OG. 

55 minutes ago, xrade said:

Would you consider Campbell or Stokes good CB’s?  Etienne went 24. Keep in mind, 4 CB’s went before 24 and we still have 10 picks to go. The real question is if anyone considers Stokes or Campbell to big of a reach. There is also the possibility of trading down a few spots and having them available along with a decent OG. 

Ya I think at 34 they’re a reach. They’re more late 2nd early 3rd guys for me (and I like Campbell a lot).

Id imagine the OL prospects will be good at 34 thought. Might be a Ot that might have to move inside. But there will be a guy.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I think at 34 they’re a reach. They’re more late 2nd early 3rd guys for me (and I like Campbell a lot).

Id imagine the OL prospects will be good at 34 thought. Might be a Ot that might have to move inside. But there will be a guy.

Noted. 

50 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So far so good. Can’t believe 4 corners and 2 edge defenders went before our pick 23.

Good choice on Gregory R. Cements one of the better front 4’s in the league.

Yeah he was #7 and #15 on our board and the value was just too good to pass up. 

Some insight into the 1st round

Colts offered us #21 to jump the Titans for Greg Newsome but wanted our 4th rounder. We passed because Paye/Newsome/Rousseau were all available and we were guaranteed one of them. 

Ravens offered Orlando Brown Jr. for #23 overall but with his intent on playing LT we passed. 

Ravens also offered #27 plus a 5th and a 6th for #23 overall, I wanted their 3rd(105 overall) to move back, they said the highest they'd go is a 4th but it was a really late 4th. We passed. 

A few teams offered 4th round picks for Darnold, I held firm and got a 3rd for him from Carolina. 

Steelers wanted a 3rd for Steven Nelson, I passed on that. 

This was a preliminary deal in place for Darnold that Denver had in mind;

NYJ gets: #9

DEN gets: #23, your latest 3rd this year (you have two right?), 2nd next year and Darnold

Too rich for my liking. 

• Like 1

Yup, I agree with all those decisions. I would have been tempted to trade up for a corner but a 4th is too rich for just a small jump especially because you have 3 comparable prospects on the board.

This is a great exercise to be honest. Kind of helps us really see what can realistically be done. Y’all got some decisions to make from here on out. Fix the OL, Fix the coverage unit, or upgrade the skills position. Good luck. Probably only going to be able to do two of those.

Our DL is sick. It’ll keep offenses up at night. They’ll stop drives and give Zach a shorter field to work with. I’d be really happy heading into day 2 of the draft.

Edited by SDotNova

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Yup, I agree with all those decisions. I would have been tempted to trade up for a corner but a 4th is too reach for just a small jump especially because you have 3 comparable prospects on the board.

This is a great exercise to be honest. Kind of helps us really see what can realistically be done. Y’all got some decisions to make from here on out. Fix the OL, Fix the coverage unit, or upgrade the skills position. Good luck. Probably only going to be able to do two of those.

Our DL is sick. It’ll keep offenses up at night. They’ll stop drives and give Zach a shorter field to work with. I’d be really happy heading into day 2 of the draft.

Yeah we're definitely in a tough situation right now. If I could have netted a 2nd for Sam I'd be more than happy with where we are. Having two early 3rds tho might be huge if the board falls a certain way. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Falcons offered a 6th for Fatukasi. I passed. 

Yea hard pass. He’s worth a 3rd or early 4th in my book. But better to keep our strength.

Crazy. But the last time we’ve had a unit teams had to worry about on defense was the secondary during the Revis years. That was a decade ago. That’s also the last time we’ve had a unit on offense teams had to worry about (running game). We’ve sucked for far too long.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

Just now, SDotNova said:

Yea pass. Let’s keep our strength.

Crazy. But the last time we’ve had a unit teams had to worry about on defense was the secondary during the Revis years. That was a decade ago. That’s also the last time we’ve had a unit on offense teams had to worry about (running game). We’ve sucked for far too long.

10 years of crap man, its been a long time.