2021 FFMD War Room- New York Jets(5.155 Tamorrion Terry, WR)

KingOfNewYork

In

Zach Wilson, QB 1.2

Gregory Rousseau, EDGE 1.23

Creed Humphrey, IOL 2.34

Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB 3.66

Tommy Tremble, TE 3.73

Bryce Love, RB from Washington Football Team

Out

Sam Darnold for Carolina 3rd used to draft Melifonwu.

New York Jets 6th Round Pick(193rd overall)-used for Bryce Love

Picks left

Round 3, Pick 87(SEA)

Round 4, Pick 108

Round 5, Pick 147

Round 5, Pick 155(NYG)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well Rousseau Humphrey and Melifonwu are three of my most overrated players in the draft so that's true to life taking them 

I agree with you about Rousseau. I do like Creed. Why do you think he is overrated?  As for Melifonwu, he was picked in round 3. He would not have lasted much longer. CB’s get drafted even over drafted in real life and in this mock. We need a CB and he was the best available. I doubt he starts day 1, but he has the skills to develop. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I agree with you about Rousseau. I do like Creed. Why do you think he is overrated?  As for Melifonwu, he was picked in round 3. He would not have lasted much longer. CB’s get drafted even over drafted in real life and in this mock. We need a CB and he was the best available. I doubt he starts day 1, but he has the skills to develop. 

Humphrey will be a top 15 center.  That's his ceiling but probably also his floor imo. Not top ten, top 15.  He is solid in lots of facets but he can get blown up in the power run game and that was against big 12 defenses.  

Melifonwu lacks anticipation and his back pedal is way too high. He's physically gifted don't get me wrong but I wouldn't have taken him.  I think his future is more the hybrid safety role not an outside corner which is more what this team needs.  

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Humphrey will be a top 15 center.  That's his ceiling but probably also his floor imo. Not top ten, top 15.  He is solid in lots of facets but he can get blown up in the power run game and that was against big 12 defenses.  

Melifonwu lacks anticipation and his back pedal is way too high. He's physically gifted don't get me wrong but I wouldn't have taken him.  I think his future is more the hybrid safety role not an outside corner which is more what this team needs.  

I also like Dickerson but Creed may suit our suspected O system better. I think we believe LaFleur will be using a ZBS which Creed may be better at.

As for Melifonwu, given what was left and the suspected use of zone and man coverage, he was about the best outside CB left in the board. In round 3, we are drafting guys we think will develop to play in our D and fill a position if need. To be honest, my opinion of him is based by what scouting info was out since I never watched him play.

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I also like Dickerson but Creed may suit our suspected O system better. I think we believe LaFleur will be using a ZBS which Creed may be better at.

As for Melifonwu, given what was left and the suspected use of zone and man coverage, he was about the best outside CB left in the board. In round 3, we are drafting guys we think will develop to play in our D and fill a position if need. To be honest, my opinion of him is based by what scouting info was out since I never watched him play.

Watched him a few times scouting as his size fits them prototyping cover three . If it's not press coverage he struggles giving up way too much room.  I worry about the lack of anticipation more than anything else in a zone heavy scheme 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

We drafted based fit or the potential to be developed and play a role. We could draft a power running O-Linemen but he'd struggle for us, a Man to Man Corner but he'd never be used properly. The later in the draft the more flawed a prospect is so you have to feel like the flaw is either something we can fix or mask. 

This practice has helped me realize Joe and his guys have a really tough job.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We've selected Hamsah Nasirildeen with the 3.86

Can play Safety, Nickel, WLB and cover all the Tight Ends in our division(Pitts/Gesicki, Henry/Smith, Knox)

1st pick I really just don’t like at all. Mainly Bc I don’t think we need that position this high in the draft. We could be getting RB, WR and even OL help in this area. Instead of a rotational LB/S

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

1st pick I really just don’t like at all. Mainly Bc I don’t think we need that position this high in the draft. We could be getting RB, WR and even OL help in this area. Instead of a rotational LB/S

So here's the issue of sorts. We planned on getting a earlier but then there was a ridiculous run on them between our last two picks. The board we currently have is deep at RB, WR and OL and we have 3 picks left so we can add talent there.

Hamsah was top 4 on both boards, fits the scheme, just overall exceptional value.