Does Trivisonno have it figured out? Papa John's for everyone.

Bucketheadsdad

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-The-Mike-Trivisonno-Show-26980985/episode/triv-says-peyton-mannings-coming-to-28564521/

First half hour of Triv's show today makes a compelling argument that we're going to have a new President of the Browns very soon.  

"The only newsperson to report that Peyton Manning was in Cleveland was Jim Donovan, the radio voice of the Browns.  He's not going to broadcast this information if it isn't true.  He'd get crucified for it."  Triv hypothesizes that now that Manning has left town, he is left to consider whether or not he wants to commit to this type of job, as he's not going to do the job "half-heartedly for his close friend Jimmy Haslam."  

Triv also hypothesizes that what he believes is going to happen is that Sashi stays with the organization, as the "capologist" while bringing in an experienced GM (of Manning's choosing) along with a new head coach (also of Manning's choosing.)

Very interesting.

I have a hard time giving Manning all that poor with his zero experience. You look at Elway, he had some experience in a running a team/organization even tho it was arean league stuff, it was something over nothingand was made into VP. I would hate to give Manning power to everything. I would almost want to give him the same title as Elway, name him executive vice president of football operations. After time to just expand on his role

I'd much rather try something new (again) instead of hiring some clown to come in and suck as a GM/President like we've done for the past 20 years. Peyton is a HOF competitor, more than competent/capable, and will be a great talent evaluator. He'll bring stability and peace to the locker-room and organization. I'd also trust him to draft the right QB/sign one in free agency. Plus, he's young.

Let's do this thing.

If we bring him in right now and he blows everything up... reset the clock again. This team is not a QB away from greatness. This team is stability and systems in place away from greatness. Removing what we have means players will have to learn a new system (names, plays, terms, playbook), learn new coaching styles, etc instead of mastering and honing what they just learned. Keep Hue for 4 seasons. After the 3rd if we still are horrible then his 4th season, he is on the hot seat. I believe this FA and draft will fill in a lot of holes and players will actually start playing the system instead of learning it. 

Biggest problem with this team again is the lack of a veteran QB, Veteran WR core and CB depth (Haden should still be on this team... there I said it). 

If Manning comes here and blows everything up, he'll be on the hot seat in 2 seasons. 

In short... sit down and try something we have not tried since 5 coaches ago and give a coach 4 seasons to get something in place. Can't we let a coach earn his four year clown college degree?

That is all

mastercheddaar

I'd be all for Peyton in Cleveland. I doubt it happens, but it'd be better than what we have now. I was not happy with our last few drafts. Last year I loved a lot of the picks, but we made some questionable decisions with trades and picks in the later rounds. The jury is still out on Peppers and Njoku, but I think they get that ironed out. I was not, however, a fan of this regime's first draft, and have been pretty upset at their free agency decisions. We let our best playmaker go 2 off-season's in a row. 2! Benjamin and then Pryor. And we thought we would be ok with Kenny Britt as the replacement? Terrible decision any smart person could have seen a mile away.

I was not crushed when Pryor left, but was absolutely devastated when our contingency plan was to bring Britt in. Stoopid.

Archived