Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

Turnobili

11 hours ago, Roninho said:

And who offer specific roles. Snead is pretty average overall, but good at 2 things: being a reliable chain mover + he is known for being a good blocker. 

Right. He's good for what they want to do. Also a sure handed guy. What it looks like they did in between him and John Brown is a quarter of what Agholor is getting paid who was widely considered a draft bust before we got here. Also important to note that incompetent offenses both of them have produced more than Agholor did last year. 

Edited by Jeremy408

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'm really perplexed 🤔 we're signing very team friendly deals like this one which is great value then we're giving large percentages of guaranteed money to Thomas, then we're throwing money away like it's nobodies business on guys like James and eating 13mil on Hudson........ I have no idea what our fiscal strategy is 😁😁

I think 2.7 mil is reasonable for a guarantee, considering he's a former top 5 pick. They don't come cheap.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I really, really liked Thomas coming out (but as a pass rushing DT) so even though I'm surprised at the amount if guarantee I think on this occasion it may be worth the risk. Just some deals we seem to be making are very nice and really good value whilst others we seem to be vastly overpaying for guys who I probably wouldn't say are in very high demand..... Strange

I understand the feeling.  FA could have been great but for every good move we make a bad one.  Not criticizing the players but rather the contracts.  Getting something for Hudson takes some of the sting away but eating that much cap space is bad planning.  Same as the Littleton restructure.  I think Mayocks lack of experience is showing with his teams ability to negotiate good contracts.  With the exception of Howard, McKenzie was pretty good at negotiating and structuring contracts.  He was horrible at drafting and making trades.