Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

Turnobili

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good player. If someone gets hurt he can compete with Zay for snaps. Maybe he even surprises and does more than that. Competition is good.

I think he's definitely a better player than Jones. He was productive in New Orleans. 

• Like 1

So we now have 3 sub 6' speed WRs, 1 sub 6' slot WR, and a 6'3" unproven 2nd year player that has upside and close to 0 production.  I guess they were not sure Ruggs or Brown could duplicate Agholor's production.  Meanwhile Carr is still going to get killed and our defense will probably give up way to many yards while still not being able to get off the field.  Hopefully they will be able to play above their talent with better coaching but right now they do not have top 25 talent.  Going to be another frustrating season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good player. If someone gets hurt he can compete with Zay for snaps. Maybe he even surprises and does more than that. Competition is good.

I do not mind the player if he is cheap but we have huge holes in other places and if we needed a WR he is not the type we need.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I do not mind the player if he is cheap but we have huge holes in other places and if we needed a WR he is not the type we need.

I'm assuming it's vet min. We can always draft a big body receiver. He is a pretty good backup slot receiver at the very least and has played very significant snaps as a starter in the league. Not a bad get IMO.

Also, I feel like we're trying to sign a corner/FS but there's fierce competition. No way we haven't been offering players to this point.

WTF are the Raiders doing? Willie Snead now?

When are we going to sign some DBs or a RT?

Ruggs, Brown and Snead is a LOT of speed. To bad Carr won’t have time to get the ball downfield.

Guess the plan is to have them run streaks all day and hand/dump to Jacobs/Drake and Waller over and over.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's not but he can play all over and has really good hands. He's a pro and a very good backup. This offense has depth at every skill position now. We shouldn't miss a beat, even with week to week injuries.

That's what i thought but some posts here got me confused.

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm assuming it's vet min. We can always draft a big body receiver. He is a pretty good backup slot receiver at the very least and has played very significant snaps as a starter in the league. Not a bad get IMO.

Also, I feel like we're trying to sign a corner/FS but there's fierce competition. No way we haven't been offering players to this point.

I understand that but I do not waste my time right now with positions we do not need.  Competition is good but right now our focus should be Reed, Hooker, and Schwartz or at least those positions.  Those 3 speed WRs are going to be good decoys because once Carr knows we can not protect him he will start throwing short of the first down while the defense stacks the box to stop out RBs.  Meanwhile our defense will give up 2 scores and after that the other team will just run the ball and wear down the defense so that we give up another 3 scores in the 4th and our offense has had 5-8 3 and outs.