TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

What a game guys! I knew Derek and Co. would come through. NEVER count Derek out with the game on the line, ever! Great effort by the whole team. Especially Cooper. What a beast. 

On my way home now. My voice is completely gone. Loudest + most exciting football game ive ever been too. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Reg has been drafting very well. A lot of late picks from the last few years have been hitting. I wanna see more Luani next.

RM has unearthed a lot of gems but Vadal was not one of them.  He was a productive top talent at LSU who was expected to go much higher until he ran a 5.5+ 40 at the combine.  The success rate is near exstremely small for linemen that run that slow so teams just stay away from them.  In the seventh it was worth it to take a flyer on him.  Same reason why we got Kirkland as an UDFA the same year.

Great game and wonderful to see the O looking a lot better. LBs looked better to me and nice to see Irvin covering a TE.  DBs still looked like a problem and scheme also.  No reason for no S help over the top when playing man against Hill but a nice hit later on by Nelson on Hill.  To many big plays given up but great to see the D get a stop when we needed it most.

Amazing game for Cooper and he has now been our top receiver in 4 of 5 career games vs KC.  Not saying much for 2 of them though.

I’m just thankful David Amerson is not a pilot. Dude can not stay focus at all. He has the size, length, speed, you name it to be a quality CB in the NFL, but he constantly lose focus play after play. It’s like you have to slap him before every snap to make sure he’s paying attention.

Crazy good game. Best Raider-Chief game i can remember since the 2010 one when Jacoby Ford made all those crazy catches late to win in overtime.

Good to see the team show mental toughness and stick in it with a team that was better. The defense was overmatched from a talent and scheme standpoint and they got worked, but the D made some key stops at the end to give us a chance. Bowman played well - he is exactly what the young LB core needed. Excited to have him. David Amerson/Sean Smith are equally terrible and should be cut. 

On offense, still made far too many mistakes that could've and probably should've lost us the game. But at the end, DC played like 2016 DC and that was the difference. Its so frustrating to see Amari have these kinds of games, and then you think back at the first six games how we didn't get him involved. The guy is one of the more talented skill players in the league and opens up a whole new dynamic to this offense. Mind boggling how he can go a month without getting the ball, but maybe Todd Downing has finally seen the light. Jared Cook was also big. The guy is so talented and big. If he stops making the mistakes, he can be big in this second half of the year for us.

talk about a statement game for carr, doesnt play well primetime, and cant beat KC.

his numbers are great, AND he missed a ton of throws, and had a lot of dropped balls. Coop couldve been 300+ with 3tds, but super excited for him to have a bounce back game.

Loved seeing him in the slot!

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

I could say the same about Coop. After the 1st qtr he got the drops again.

There was only one egregious drop I can remember him making, and that was on a bullet over the middle from Carr where he got his hands up too late.

Thats really the only one i remember. How many drops was he credited with?

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

There was only one egregious drop I can remember him making, and that was on a bullet over the middle from Carr where he got his hands up too late.

Thats really the only one i remember. How many drops was he credited with?

I seen 3 but that was live. I'm gonna go back and watch it tomorrow in depth. Could be the 1 like you said due to other reason beside him screwing up but I'm 97.62% sure he had 3.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

I seen 3 but that was live. I'm gonna go back and watch it tomorrow in depth. Could be the 1 like you said due to other reason beside him screwing up but I'm 97.62% sure he had 3.

Are you counting the deep ball that he went up and tried to come down with, but it barely grazed his hands?

I count that more as a miss timed jump more than a drop. But yeah, he's going to drop some. He's not the most efficient receiver in the NFL, but I liked how we kept going to him. He had a whopping 19 targets on the night.

1 hour ago, RoyalMajesty51o said:

I’m just thankful David Amerson is not a pilot. Dude can not stay focus at all. He has the size, length, speed, you name it to be a quality CB in the NFL, but he constantly lose focus play after play. It’s like you have to slap him before every snap to make sure he’s paying attention.

Raiders gave Tyreek Hill an avg of 7.2 yards of cushion at the line. Still got the big play, averaged 3.3 yards of separation #NextGetStats

I know Hill is fast af, but that is just pathetic. Amerson is just as bad as Smith on deep balls

18 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Are you counting the deep ball that he went up and tried to come down with, but it barely grazed his hands?

I count that more as a miss timed jump more than a drop. But yeah, he's going to drop some. He's not the most efficient receiver in the NFL, but I liked how we kept going to him. He had a whopping 19 targets on the night.

Yes, I'm counting that because it did more than graze his hands. It hit them. Whether he missed timed his jump or not just adds to it for me. But like you said overall he had a huge game and made a ton of plays for us. 2 HUGE catches on that last drive plus the 2 TDs. Great game that could have been an all time game with those drops as recs.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Crazy good game. Best Raider-Chief game i can remember since the 2010 one when Jacoby Ford made all those crazy catches late to win in overtime.

Good to see the team show mental toughness and stick in it with a team that was better. The defense was overmatched from a talent and scheme standpoint and they got worked, but the D made some key stops at the end to give us a chance. Bowman played well - he is exactly what the young LB core needed. Excited to have him. David Amerson/Sean Smith are equally terrible and should be cut. 

On offense, still made far too many mistakes that could've and probably should've lost us the game. But at the end, DC played like 2016 DC and that was the difference. Its so frustrating to see Amari have these kinds of games, and then you think back at the first six games how we didn't get him involved. The guy is one of the more talented skill players in the league and opens up a whole new dynamic to this offense. Mind boggling how he can go a month without getting the ball, but maybe Todd Downing has finally seen the light. Jared Cook was also big. The guy is so talented and big. If he stops making the mistakes, he can be big in this second half of the year for us.

Yup!... this game comes to mind with all the comments about a more exciting game... I was in the stands that game... OT.. in the rain... FG to win it... and the cherry on top was it was for 1st place.. last year's TB game with all the failing to convert and change of possessions in OT was pretty bananas too.

I’m excited to see the Raiders offense click agian. I thought Todd Downing was mostly right when he said the team was “close” to really hitting it’s stride. Even against the Chargers the offense showed sparks of stardom from weeks 1 and 2.

In regards to both Cook and Cooper: we just have to live with the mistakes. They, along with Crabtree, are the best playmakers the offense has and we can’t just go away from them because they’re unreliable.

Archived