TNF: Raiders vs. Chiefs

big_palooka

31 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah if he’s that injured, fine. It happens, keep him out. But I’d like to hear a verdict one way or the other. I know they don’t owe us an answer but it’s frustursting not knowing. 

Maybe I'm making this up but I swore I heard when they were clarifing Conley's injury that it could be a stress fracture in the shin area...Does anyone remember hearing that...I'll do some digging.

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Amerson wasn't benched he was hurt.

Of course, players get hurt every play. Amerson was benched because he sucked. Stop defending poir performance. I could see you as a guy defending JaMarcus back in the day. 

Amerson is not a good player. Never was. Had a brief flash on a bad defense and as per usual, fans overreacted because of the number of breakups he had in that stretch. But reality was, he was average on his best days.

It's easy to overreact to a player making some plays on a bad team. Raider fans have done it for decades. We try to crown anyone who moderately looks like he can play and want to run them out of town the minute expectations are not met. 

Conley is the future right now at CB. Outside that, that group has been a sore spot for Reggie. He's dedicated high draft picks and FA money to it, but just can't get it right. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Of course, players get hurt every play. Amerson was benched because he sucked. Stop defending poir performance. I could see you as a guy defending JaMarcus back in the day. 

Dude.... you really need to take it down a notch. Every thread you're just throwing non-sense around and getting defensive when people call you out for it.

Amerson had a foot injury. They talked about it on the broadcast. He was not benched.  

Back to this Lynch thing.  They are hammering him on sportscasts this morning.  Yeah, it was a dumb thing coming on the field.  You can't do that.  Even before he pushed the ref I believe he would be facing a suspension for coming off the bench.  But I saw something more.  What occurred with Carr on that play was cheap.  He has a broken back.  He was vulnerable and Peter's knew it.  Lynch left the bench at moderate speed.  He saw what started to be a gang fight.  I'm from Oakland.  I've been in gang fights.  Once he saw that he accelerated.  He's a RAIDER.  I saw the adrenaline.  He wanted to protect his team mates. 

I question if he knew he was faced to face with a ref initially. 

30 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Back to this Lynch thing.  They are hammering him on sportscasts this morning.  Yeah, it was a dumb thing coming on the field.  You can't do that.  Even before he pushed the ref I believe he would be facing a suspension for coming off the bench.  But I saw something more.  What occurred with Carr on that play was cheap.  He has a broken back.  He was vulnerable and Peter's knew it.  Lynch left the bench at moderate speed.  He saw what started to be a gang fight.  I'm from Oakland.  I've been in gang fights.  Once he saw that he accelerated.  He's a RAIDER.  I saw the adrenaline.  He wanted to protect his team mates. 

Lunch didn't need to even be on the field. Our offensive line is more than capable of taking care of Carr and getting the point across to their team. It was stupid of him to do. He took a situation where no flags probably would've been thrown and managed to get us a 15 yard penalty and himself ejected. Just plain dumb

32 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Problem is, this wasn't a gang fight on the streets. It's a football game in a controlled environment and he completely lost his composure. It was reckless and unnecessary behavior.

Maybe he didn't know if it was a ref or not. That's not really relevant. Fact is he shouldn't have been on the field at that time, end of story.

8 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I’m excited to see the Raiders offense click agian. I thought Todd Downing was mostly right when he said the team was “close” to really hitting it’s stride. Even against the Chargers the offense showed sparks of stardom from weeks 1 and 2.

In regards to both Cook and Cooper: we just have to live with the mistakes. They, along with Crabtree, are the best playmakers the offense has and we can’t just go away from them because they’re unreliable.

Downing wasn't right at all, they went back to doing what most everybody knew he shouldn't had changed in the first place.

27 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Downing wasn't right at all, they went back to doing what most everybody knew he shouldn't had changed in the first place.

Which was what? I stand by what I said throughout the preseason and weeks 1-2: on balance, the playcalling has been markedly better than last year — the execution hasn’t.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Which was what? I stand by what I said throughout the preseason and weeks 1-2: on balance, the playcalling has been markedly better than last year — the execution hasn’t.

Yup, big theme of Carr's press conference was stay the course, grind and execute.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

They ran more playaction in this game than they had in the previous 6 for one, and the deep shots, 10 attempts in this game, only 10 in the first 6, so yeah it was s noticeable change.

Archived