? Week Seven: Bucs (2-3) @ Bills (3-2)

deuces22wild

Bills were 9-13 on 3rd down.  So the players on the field were good enough to get the Bills in plenty of 3rd and longs, but somehow become complete garbage on  3rd down?  Im not buying complete lack of talent on that side of the ball.

make tgat 10-16 for the game, still garbage

Speaking of Sean Payton. Saints are the class of the NFC South. Who would of thought that, even more so after the first 2 weeks.

This division really is up for grabs if we can just get this D together.

FYI we are 2nd to the Pats in total offense with just under 400 yards a game and we are 30th in total defense with giving up just over 400 yards a game.

22 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Speaking of Sean Payton. Saints are the class of the NFC South. Who would of thought that, even more so after the first 2 weeks.

This division really is up for grabs if we can just get this D together.

FYI we are 2nd to the Pats in total offense with just under 400 yards a game and we are 30th in total defense with giving up just over 400 yards a game.

Let's not read into stats. Our offense couldn't do a lick against New England, Minnesota and Arizona. Our offense got some garbage time stats and fitz led 30 points in the second half. 

Our defense sucks but let's not say our offense has been stellar. 

Ward now Baker. Baker runs his mouth but this still isn't good. Bodes bad for Mike Smith as it's obvious he's not putting the D in position to be successful. Bodes bad for Licht who signed these guys. And lastly, in order, it bodes bad for Koetter who could lose this team if things don't change NOW.

15 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Let's not read into stats. Our offense couldn't do a lick against New England, Minnesota and Arizona. Our offense got some garbage time stats and fitz led 30 points in the second half. 

Our defense sucks but let's not say our offense has been stellar. 

That wasn't my point. Basically just saying that we are putting up 400 yards of offense, garbage time or not (figures in to everyone's stats), and are still giving up more yards on defense. D is the clear #1 problem. 

5 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Ward now Baker. Baker runs his mouth but this still isn't good. Bodes bad for Mike Smith as it's obvious he's not putting the D in position to be successful. Bodes bad for Licht who signed these guys. And lastly, in order, it bodes bad for Koetter who could lose this team if things don't change NOW.

Baker doesn't even like to practice. Idk why he was signed. 

The fact that we talk about players turning on coaches and quitting makes me sick. 

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The 9ers are winless and all they talked about during the broadcast was how much the players were still buying into the system and loved the coaching staff.

well, that isn t happening here on the defensive side of the ball.   This has a chance to implode quickly.  I m not sure what Licht will do or not do, but this will be his crossroads moment as GM.  He can rightfully claim he got the Qb, which he did.  As a long time Bucs, trust me this offense is light years ahead of anything put on the field previously.  Now the defense is historically bad, your move Mr. Licht.

Unless the ENTIRE team just quits and implodes, which I don't see happening, Koetter will be back for another season. We can't keep firing coaches after every 2 seasons.

However, I'd be shocked if the defensive side of the ball didn't see a coaching overhaul. Also, I could see the owners letting Licht walk and bring in a new GM that runs the show and puts Koetter on a leash. Honestly, I think that's what's most likely at this point. We need better drafting, personnel decisions, and defensive coaching.

While execution is partly to blame, Smith isn't on the field missing tackles or forgetting their assignment, however, Smith seems to be the typical DC that says this is my system and forces the players into his scheme.  To me, those days are long gone.  You need that DC that can actually evaluate a defense and see what are their strengths and make a scheme to fit those.  Use Spence as a SLB and DE, Put Vernon in Man to Man because he is not a zone DB, Put both Ward and Evans out there at S as they are easily the 2 best safeties on the team.

Archived