Week 7 GDT - Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I actually don't mind this type of loss tbh. It's a reality check to those that think we are a decent team that's just had bad luck. That's not the case. We're not very good but play good enough to make games close. We were for almost the entire game getting handled by the freaking Colts. We had to have some late magic to make games vs the Rams, Colts and Redskins close. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it's the only way to get all three on the field together. Tartt had been very good this season, but sucks we never got to see Reid at SS in this defense. It was tailor made for him. 

Oh well, his time with the team is probably coming to an end soon anyways. 

All sorts of discontent popping up now lol. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For those that haven't seen Clark's ceremony at halftime. 

That was really sad. I didn't think Clark's condition would be that severe yet. Eddie Debartolo seemed really emotional. Nice to know he's still taking care of his boys after all this time. Great to have a lot of the players from years ago show up for the event. I just hope whatever time Clark has left, he is able to find some joy with the support from his friends and family.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

That was really sad. I didn't think Clark's condition would be that severe. Eddie Debartolo seemed really emotional. Nice to know he's still taking care of his boys after all this time. Great to have a lot of the players from years ago show up for the event. I just hope whatever time Clark has left, he is able to find some joy with the support from his friends and family.

Definitely. Just happened so suddenly which is sad. Debartolo really does take care of his guys. Clark mentioned how Debartolo is trying to find the best medicine for him and even going to Japan to get some. 

At least he got his wish of seeing his former teammates for one last time.

Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case. Expected life expectancy for a person with ALS is 2-5 years. At this point they haven't found a cure for it. That's why it was so emotional when he said all I wanted was to see my former teammates for one last time.

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case. Expected life expectancy for a person with ALS is 2-5 years. At this point they haven't found a cure for it. That's why it was so emotional when he said all I wanted was to see my former teammates for one last time.

yeah, I just read about what ALS is. Is really sad and that there isn't a cure for it.

With a disease like that I think I would just want to end it on my own terms surrounded by friends and family. With the recently passed law in California that basically allows for you to take your own life through doctor assistance if you are medically ill. 

A woman with ALS had one last year, and before it all got worse she had a joyous gathering ceremony of her loved ones. Here is the article right here.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-final-party-assisted-suicide-20160811-story.html

This would be my way to go. Personally I wouldn't want to suffer little by little every day until you basically can't do anything, and then just die. 

By the way I'm not trying to say Clark or anyone else in this situation should go this route. Just saying it'd be something I'd do. 

I didn't get a chance to watch the game until after I read this thread.  So I had seen all the comments about Beathard not getting rid of the ball quickly enough amd watched for that.  Maybe that was the case on some plays. But wow, I tell ya, put a stop watch on some of those sacks.  I'll bet they happened right around one second after the snap.  Guys came in untouched, or simply bowled over our o-line guys like they were high schoolers. The middle of the line was terrible.  Even Staley flat out whiffed a couple of times.  I'm not dismissing Beathard's poor play, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as the o-line playe - and they're not rookies in their second NFL game. We need a serious re-load on the o-line.

35 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I didn't get a chance to watch the game until after I read this thread.  So I had seen all the comments about Beathard not getting rid of the ball quickly enough amd watched for that.  Maybe that was the case on some plays. But wow, I tell ya, put a stop watch on some of those sacks.  I'll bet they happened right around one second after the snap.  Guys came in untouched, or simply bowled over our o-line guys like they were high schoolers. The middle of the line was terrible.  Even Staley flat out whiffed a couple of times.  I'm not dismissing Beathard's poor play, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as the o-line playe - and they're not rookies in their second NFL game. We need a serious re-load on the o-line.

Without a question. I don't think Beathard was good, but for a guy making his first start, he sure didn't get much help. Staley whiffed a time or two, but the interior OL is a travesty. Aikman was disgusted a few times in how terribly they were run blocking and they were equally worse in the pass game. I think we both agreed a few years ago that IOL may be more important than the bookends. Overall we have one of the best duos at LT/RT, but does it matter when the IOL is so bad? 

I think they put up stats during the third quarter, after 22 drop backs, CJ had been pressured 20 times (hits, knockdowns, sacks, hurries, etc.). It was an ugly offensive game against a pretty solid pass rush. He still threw some floaters, but he's far more entertaining to watch than Hoyer. If we're going to lose, we might as well lose in style. 

16 hours ago, John232 said:

Well, that was an ugly game to go too. Still had fun though. But yeah, it was bad. 

Hey I was there and thought it was awesome! :-)

For real though, it’s a beautiful stadium, all the 49er fans I talked to and sat next to were super respectful to me and knowledgeable about the game. 

I’m in SF on vacation and didn’t rent a car so I took the Caltrain down to Mountain View and then took the VTA light rail to Levi’s Stadium so that was very convinient too. 

Archived