Week 7: Jets at Dolphins

rdelaney89

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

We got beat around upfront and McCown was badddd that 2nd half. Gonna say McCown has 1 more week till Petty comes in. Skrien needs to leave. This offseason we need to Fix the OL, Pass Rush and QB spots no matter what.

Feel like those have been problems we've had forever. Sigh.

It's hard to screw up a game that badly. The tank is back on, it seems.

Skrine certainly was all over that plan. I agree with those who said he needs to be gone, immediately. He's not good or improving. No reason to keep him around.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

It's hard to screw up a game that badly. The tank is back on, it seems.

Skrine certainly was all over that plan. I agree with those who said he needs to be gone, immediately. He's not good or improving. No reason to keep him around.

I think we only held onto him because of his contract and the fact that we didn't really have any known commodities in the secondary. (Roll with the devil you know over the devil you don't) I'd bet he will be sent walking after this season.

can't really blame McCown for what happened. Buster Skrine penalties and lack of coverage skills is the reason why the Jets lost. Plays and penalties Buster Skrine was apart of cost the Jets 21 points.

Skrine is a slot corner or nickel back at best. He should not be starting out there.

7 hours ago, kilahchris said:

can't really blame McCown for what happened. Buster Skrine penalties and lack of coverage skills is the reason why the Jets lost. Plays and penalties Buster Skrine was apart of cost the Jets 21 points.

Skrine is a slot corner or nickel back at best. He should not be starting out there.

It's true I would love to see Roberts or Burris play there more Roberts tho

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I haven't really been able to watch the past two games

Did Burris implode? What happened to him?

He didn’t’t play against Cleveland and only saw snaps on special teams against NE and Miami

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I want to see some Derrick Jones moving forward.  With Colemen now hurt and the playoffs slipping away I hope we can start moving on from Skrine and see some more Jones.

Let’s get Petty in there while we are at it.

We need to start seeing what we have in the younger guys. Enough of Bowles and his affinity for the vets. This clown has to realize it’s nothing but a downhill trend from here and it’s the best thing for the franchise. And maybe learn how to manage a clock and game situations as well.

16 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Let’s get Petty in there while we are at it.

We need to start seeing what we have in the younger guys. Enough of Bowles and his affinity for the vets. This clown has to realize it’s nothing but a downhill trend from here and it’s the best thing for the franchise. And maybe learn how to manage a clock and game situations as well.

Don't see it happening yet.  This game will determine a lot about moving forward.  4-4 you still have hope, 3-5 and the season starts to slip away.  We could see Petty or Hack when we get to TB or after the bye.  If we lose to ATL and BUF then its time to make the switch.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Don't see it happening yet.  This game will determine a lot about moving forward.  4-4 you still have hope, 3-5 and the season starts to slip away.  We could see Petty or Hack when we get to TB or after the bye.  If we lose to ATL and BUF then its time to make the switch.

My fear is we are going to ride him out until the actual mathematic elimination, which was the worst case scenario for this season. So no doubt that’s how it will go down.

We are going to be in tough against Atl, who just got embarrassed on national TV and are now on a 3-game losing streak. To boot, they've lost to each one of our division rivals. We are ripe for the picking. I really don't see a scenario where we can win this one.

If we lose, I would not be surprised if Maccagnan makes a trade before the deadline. Honestly, McCown has been playing better than a lot of QB's on contending teams. He MAY have some value. Forte definitely has value. 

The way we lost the last two games could completely deflate the entire roster. Hopefully not, though. Hopefully we can continue to compete. Hey, we have been in every game so far save for Week 2. That bodes well for our chances of landing both better coaching personnel moving forward and also free agents. 

If the team completely quits, it's going to be difficult to separate ourselves from Cleveland as a dysfunctional franchise. 

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

My fear is we are going to ride him out until the actual mathematic elimination, which was the worst case scenario for this season. So no doubt that’s how it will go down.

Certainly a possibility but I would sweat it too much.  We know what Petty is at this point so I wouldn't count on the light bulb going off for him.  Really we only need about 3-4 games to get a solid evaluation of Hack down the stretch.  Truth be told does it really matter?  Hack will have next offseason to prove himself along with whoever we draft (I prefer Jackson).  He likely isn't going to do anything this year to change the idea about drafting a QB anyway and we can have a fun camp battle with McCown, Petty, Hack and Jackson next year.  

Archived