Guys...I hate to tell you this, but I believe we're trading up in the 1st RD of the Draft.

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think they’re going to trade up also, but I do think it will be for a QB. 

My guess is that if Justin Fields makes it to 8, they will move up to get him. Something in the ballpark of 19 + 74 + next year’s 1st.

Carolina’s new GM comes from the Seattle school of trading down, and at 19 they’d still be in position to potentially get a quality OL or CB or even a slot/gadget WR to replace the one they lost in FA. They’d add a quality pick this year and a huge asset next year, which could come in handy  if the Darnold experiment doesn’t work out and they want to start over at QB with a top prospect. Or even if the Darnold experiment does work out, it gives them greater ability to build the team around him. 

I think us being at 19 keeps us from moving up.  Not because of the cost but because I think there are only about 15 high quality prospects in this draft and anyone moving down isn’t going to want to go past 15.  That’s going to hurt us (and the Bears) from moving up for a QB imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Carolina’s new GM comes from the Seattle school of trading down, and at 19 they’d still be in position to potentially get a quality OL or CB or even a slot/gadget WR to replace the one they lost in FA. They’d add a quality pick this year and a huge asset next year, which could come in handy  if the Darnold experiment doesn’t work out and they want to start over at QB with a top prospect. Or even if the Darnold experiment does work out, it gives them greater ability to build the team around him. 

Do you place any stock in the rumor that Carolina and New England have a trade agreement in place all ready to go?

12 hours ago, Woz said:

Do you place any stock in the rumor that Carolina and New England have a trade agreement in place all ready to go?

I’m a little skeptical, as it just doesn’t seem like New England’s style. But BB has been switching things up this offseason, so it’s entirely possible that he just has a different philosophy of roster management when rebuilding/reloading compared to maintaining. We just haven’t seen him in the rebuild/reload phase in two decades so it isn’t familiar to us. 

My thought is if they really are trying to move up to 8 to get him...we should probably get on the phone with DET at 7. I can see plain as day the physical talent with Fields, which is pretty much all off the charts. If he’s been vetted by NE and passed the notorious Belichick intangibles screening to the extent that they are looking to trade up to get him, then I’m totally sold. The price would be worth paying. 

40 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m a little skeptical, as it just doesn’t seem like New England’s style. But BB has been switching things up this offseason, so it’s entirely possible that he just has a different philosophy of roster management when rebuilding/reloading compared to maintaining. We just haven’t seen him in the rebuild/reload phase in two decades so it isn’t familiar to us. 

My thought is if they really are trying to move up to 8 to get him...we should probably get on the phone with DET at 7. I can see plain as day the physical talent with Fields, which is pretty much all off the charts. If he’s been vetted by NE and passed the notorious Belichick intangibles screening to the extent that they are looking to trade up to get him, then I’m totally sold. The price would be worth paying. 

I'm Skeptical cause like a tweet on twitter I saw we still dodn't know why Butler didn't play in Pats super bowl a few years ago so doubt they would let it leak.Also think Pats are perfect patsy team to say they trading up cause it makes everyone think if Bellicheck wants him I NEED Him.

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Depends on this Jimmy G is negotiating a new contract with New England rumor first. 

Oh really? Hadn’t heard that. Interesting. Watch him go back to NE and win a Super Bowl before his career is over but damn, we held onto that 2nd round pick! 😂 

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh really? Hadn’t heard that. Interesting. Watch him go back to NE and win a Super Bowl before his career is over but damn, we held onto that 2nd round pick! 😂 

Watch him go and fizzle out and we got to keep our 2nd round pick (that we waste anyway)

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Watch him go and fizzle out and we got to keep our 2nd round pick (that we waste anyway)

Yeah, I doubt Jimmy G fizzles out no matter where he goes because he went to an awful 49ers team and helped them get to the Super Bowl. Now he wasn’t the main reason they got there, but still. I can’t imagine him not being a starter somewhere in the league if the 49ers trade him.

I tell you what though, if we just take a 2nd round pick that earns a 2nd contract for us I’ll be more than elated! 

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

So, Carolina throwing that out there to drum up traffic?