Guys...I hate to tell you this, but I believe we're trading up in the 1st RD of the Draft.

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I can’t see the top 5 I think it’s 7-9. I think that’s the best we can do. Hopefully if we do we strike gold!!!

Why do the Lions pass on at least two (if not all three) of Chase, Waddle, and Smith?
Why do the Panthers pass on a QB or Rashawn Slater?
Why do the Broncos pass on Patrick Surtain II, Jaycee Horn, or *whimpers* Micah Parsons?

Why would any of those teams, with their highest needs staring them square in the face with some of the best talent in the draft available, trade back to 19? If that's the opportunity they are giving up, what is the cost to move up to do it?

As I said, if Washington were serious about getting into the top ten (well, realistically, 9), they would have to move up to 13 or 14 first.

25 minutes ago, Woz said:

Why do the Lions pass on at least two (if not all three) of Chase, Waddle, and Smith?
Why do the Broncos pass on Patrick Surtain II, Jaycee Horn, or *whimpers* Micah Parsons?

Why would any of those teams, with their highest needs staring them square in the face with some of the best talent in the draft available, trade back to 19? If that's the opportunity they are giving up, what is the cost to move up to do it?

As I said, if Washington were serious about getting into the top ten (well, realistically, 9), they would have to move up to 13 or 14 first.

Because it’s possible they value a more informed breakdown of players with more scouting one on one’s. But who knows. There’s a ton of false information I think 9 is the most realistic because it’s just outside of the premier guys. But who knows what happens I still have my doubts we move up. But we shall see

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Because at 19 Det, Carolina or Denver can still get a starter in this years draft still whether it’s a LB, CB, WR, OL or DL & then next year they will likely have two top 15 picks theirs & ours (yes I think we’re picking in the top 15 near year) amongst the other picks they’d get by trading back.

Edited by turtle28

20 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just a feeling we might trade up but not for a QB. I think we are trading up for Micah Parsons. I think it will be with Carolina at no.8 ahead of Denver, Cowgirls. 

This guy is a head case from what I've been reading. He doesn't sound like he's the kind of guy Rivera would draft. Too many red flags .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

This guy is a head case from what I've been reading. He doesn't sound like he's the kind of guy Rivera would draft. Too many red flags .

I read that as well. My thinking was he wants this defense to be SO dominant since we do lack that franchise QB!

If we trade up and don’t take a QB then you have to think it’s either Sewell, Slater, Parsons, or one of the WRs.

i just can’t see a scenario where Fields or Lance isn’t there at 8.

and if we do trade up and don’t take a QB I think that ****s the door on taking a QB in the 2nd and 3rd due to what we will be giving up

We got the best non QB last yr in Chase Young.

I think we do it again, by trading up for Kyle Pitts. (Or LT Sewell)

The question is, how far does either of them drop. I think it's quite possible that one of them is there at 7 or 8.

You know the top 3 are QB's. It's been rumored that Atlanta may go QB as well.

I think they want WR's Ja'marr Chase or Devonta Smith. With Julio's age & rumored trade.

So that puts the Bengals on the clock at 5. Why would they go Sewell, when they drafted LT Jonah Williams 2 drafts ago? So that means they go Pitts or WR with AJ Greens age as well.

Then you got Miami at #6. I think that's where Kyle Pitts probably goes. Don't need QB. But who knows what, or who they are targeting.

I think Miami at 6, Detroit at 7 & Carolina at 8 are the sweet spots for a trade. I believe if we trade up for a big name, that's the area we will land.

Whether it's for Kyle Pitts, Sewell, one of the QB's, or even one of the WR's.

Sewell is our biggest need, but with Slater arguably on par with him? We could hold fast and take him at 19 if he's there.

Micah Parsons is a stud, but too many red flags imo for Rivera and team culture. But he does play LBer, so you can't rule him out. Not because it's a huge need, but Rivera & JDR love their LBers.

I just don't think we are going QB.

But, I do believe it will be for Offense. 

#1 choice...I think it's Kyle Pitts.

#2 choice...I think Sewell is next possible choice.

#3 choice & most surprising pick would be for a WR. I'm not ruling that out, even with the addition of Curtis Samuels.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We are not trading up

I sure hope not ! I'm still worried we might . Every time the Comish comes to the podium and says "we have a trade ". I'll hold my breath . Unless he says that while we are on the clock at #19 . Well, then too I guess !😄

I think we only trade up if its for a QB.  We have a one year QB, and probably just a first have the season.  It we trade up we will burn up a lot of trade capital at least 2 of the next 3 years, so if it isn't a QB we won't have a chance to get it until most likely 2025, that's why I think it can only be a QB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

They are concerning but it was when he was a freshman and it was some kind of stupid hazing that frankly goes on in every single college in the USA. It’s sad it shouldn’t happen and there should’ve been consequences then but, if this is an isolated incident and stuff like this didn’t continue to happen then it’s something he’s learned from.

I also see that Gross-Matos was accused as well. Why was there no mention of this last year when he was in the draft? He was drafted in the 2nd round last year by the Panthers.

If I was a team I would do my homework and if this is an isolated incident I’d talk to him about it and if I was satisfied with his answer I’d move on and consider drafting him. The accusations are from when he was 18, 3 years ago. Outside of this accusation are there any other incidences?

I haven’t heard any. 

I think they’re going to trade up also, but I do think it will be for a QB. 

My guess is that if Justin Fields makes it to 8, they will move up to get him. Something in the ballpark of 19 + 74 + next year’s 1st.

Carolina’s new GM comes from the Seattle school of trading down, and at 19 they’d still be in position to potentially get a quality OL or CB or even a slot/gadget WR to replace the one they lost in FA. They’d add a quality pick this year and a huge asset next year, which could come in handy  if the Darnold experiment doesn’t work out and they want to start over at QB with a top prospect. Or even if the Darnold experiment does work out, it gives them greater ability to build the team around him.