Who do you want at 10? Option #5

Texas_OutLaw7

What should we do at 10?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #5?

• Trade Up - No talent left that warrants a top 10 pick. Secure who we need.
    • Trade Down - Collect some more ammo, no one here is must have and we can get a good player later.
    • T. Lawrence, Clemson, QB
    • J. Chase, LSU, WR
    • J. Waddle, Alabama, WR
    • J. Fields, Ohio State, QB
    • D. Smith, Alabama, WR
    • Z. Wilson, BYU, QB
    • J. Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame, LB
    • J. Horn, South Carolina, CB
    • C. Darrisaw, Virginia Tech, OL
    • T. Lance, North Dakota State, QB
    • M. Parsons, Penn State, LB
    • M. Jones, Alabama, QB
    • A. Ojulari, Georgia, EDGE
    • A. Vera-Tucker, USC, OL

I think Horn and the four voted ahead of him are basically our options at 10 outside of trading out of the pick. If all 5 QBs go ahead of our pick, it’s guaranteed that one of these players will be available to us, and if it’s only 4 QBs there’s still at least a 90% chance.

We can debate Chase vs. Waddle vs. Smith but when push comes to shove, I doubt our team takes any of them. All would be our third straight first rounder used on a WR, which is entering Matt Millen zone, and I don’t think our FO is in any rush to trade Gallup and disrupt the chemistry our WR trio has with Dak and each other.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I think Horn and the four voted ahead of him are basically our options at 10 outside of trading out of the pick. If all 5 QBs go ahead of our pick, it’s guaranteed that one of these players will be available to us, and if it’s only 4 QBs there’s still at least a 90% chance.

We can debate Chase vs. Waddle vs. Smith but when push comes to shove, I doubt our team takes any of them. All would be our third straight first rounder used on a WR, which is entering Matt Millen zone, and I don’t think our FO is in any rush to trade Gallup and disrupt the chemistry our WR trio has with Dak and each other.

If Chase is there, Id look at what it would cost to resign Gallup and potentially looking at trading Amari.

17 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If Chase is there, Id look at what it would cost to resign Gallup and potentially looking at trading Amari.

I mean, on the one hand, I'm against trading Gallup because I think we should try to maintain the flexibility to do what you're suggesting next spring, should Cooper regress, get nicked up and drop 10 passes. On the other, I don't like forcing this scenario by taking a WR at 10 since it hurts our trade leverage and probably doesn't improve our team in the next two years to swap Chase for Cooper 1-for-1. I think Gallup would still be the guy who gets traded, maybe closer to the start of the season or at the deadline.

Edited by matt79511

28 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Will never understand why everyone is so keen to get rid of Amari. 

Not keen on getting rid of Amari at all.

Just stating if Chase is there at 10 and the gap is significant in money between Gallup and Amari, I would field offers for both and make the best decision.

I think an argument could be made in keeping Gallup over Amari pending the return.

If we got Chase at 10 and was able to keep Gallup for $12 million a year, and get a high 2nd or low 1st for Amari, I am pretty content with Chase, Lamb and Gallup.

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Not keen on getting rid of Amari at all.

Just stating if Chase is there at 10 and the gap is significant in money between Gallup and Amari, I would field offers for both and make the best decision.

I think an argument could be made in keeping Gallup over Amari pending the return.

If we got Chase at 10 and was able to keep Gallup for $12 million a year, and get a high 2nd or low 1st for Amari, I am pretty content with Chase, Lamb and Gallup.

Gallup is a top 20 WR that will be a free agent in a year that we all expect the cap to explode. Frankly, I think it is even money who will cost more next year.