DirtyDez

Hoping for Jaycee Horn, wouldn’t be mad about Farley, hope it’s not Newsome/would like to trade back in that scenario. I just feel like we’re poised to take a corner. But I’d also love if we took like Rashawn Slater and plugged him at RG. Think that kid could be a mauler on the interior 

9 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Hoping for Jaycee Horn, wouldn’t be mad about Farley, hope it’s not Newsome/would like to trade back in that scenario. I just feel like we’re poised to take a corner. But I’d also love if we took like Rashawn Slater and plugged him at RG. Think that kid could be a mauler on the interior 

yeah, I was going to say Horn would make a ton of sense for you guys. I think you will take a corner. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Smoke signals are spelling pass catcher.  

Have you guys getting Jaylen Waddle if he's there. That WR core needs speed and they wouldn't be able to resist.

If Waddle isn't there, it's probably Horn or Farley, if either of them are there. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Have you guys getting Jaylen Waddle if he's there. That WR core needs speed and they wouldn't be able to resist.

If Waddle isn't there, it's probably Horn or Farley, if either of them are there. 

Most likely.  I’d take Waddle or Smith but Waddle is the better fit in Kliff’s offense.  

I was actually talking about Collins as an option for the Cardinals pre-draft with my family. I really liked him, had him as my LB1 on the board. Rocked up frame, very athletic, and if anyone was a dream fit for Vance Joseph's 0-6-5 package, it's him. He can contribute in that set early on, and then take over for Jordan Hicks down the line.

ILB was also quietly one of the weaker spots on defense this past year, with Jordan Hicks being more of a tackle sponge than an impact player. Hicks likely remains the defensive signal-caller, but Collins will have the ability to contribute in coverage, against the run, and in the pass rush. Gives then a lot of flexibility at the second level moving forward, and a duo of Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons should terrorize opposing teams in the future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

ILB was also quietly one of the weaker spots on defense this past year, with Jordan Hicks being more of a tackle sponge than an impact player. Hicks likely remains the defensive signal-caller, but Collins will have the ability to contribute in coverage, against the run, and in the pass rush. Gives then a lot of flexibility at the second level moving forward, and a duo of Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons should terrorize opposing teams in the future.

You would think we'll be able to defend tight ends...

Pretty meh on this pick. Board couldn’t have fallen much less ideal for us. Have a feeling we tried to trade back but there was no one for anyone to trade up for. Collins is solid but a lot of the reason why I’ve never fell in love with him is that it just feels like a Hasaan Reddick type pick again. That and I think I like Jordan Hicks more than the average Cardinal fan. We’ll see though. The potential is there, but that doesn’t always mean much to this team in recent years