News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

I don't get it.   They won't even play Patterson?

Yeah, I definitely think Patterson needs more touches especially with Gibson hurt but then you have McKissic too who’s again having a really good season who is like to see get more touches as well.

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

@SBLIII posted this in the Notable Stats thread. Thought it was interesting to note who might be the actual bust of our 1st round linemen...

FCuXnJmWUAYMJxP?format=jpg&name=large

So, 1. I have no idea how they come you with these stats. I guess they watch all the plays and chart them with a grade or something?

2. It’s a very busy chart and hard to follow.

3. Am I reading it right that Chase is in near Von Miller territory as a pass rusher and not too far behindTJ Watt and Cam Jordan as a run stopper?

When I look at it, it looks like Chase is doing well. On the other end Montez is below average as a pass rusher & average as a run stopper.

I will say thigh that Tez seems to make more splash plays, or at least he did last year.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, 1. I have no idea how they come you with these stats. I guess they watch all the plays and chart them with a grade or something?

I think so. 

3. Am I reading it right that Chase is in near Von Miller territory as a pass rusher and not too far behindTJ Watt and Cam Jordan as a run stopper?

Yes. We can't see the nitty gritty of everything, but based on how they set the parameters, that would appear so. I think the difference between let's say Chase and Cam is significant enough, that that is roughly 2 or 3 impact plays per game at least, but yes. 

When I look at it, it looks like Chase is doing well. On the other end Montez is below average as a pass rusher & average as a run stopper.

Yes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I need a tutorial on chart reading . 🙃

Of the above, Chase has...roughly... the 5th best win rate on run plays. He's further down on pass plays but still Top 20. Sweat is near the bottom in pass play win rate and roughly in the middle for run play win rate. 

McLaurin has seen 33 contested targets in 2021, meaning nearly half of the passes thrown his way (69, nice) have forced him to make a catch with a defender in his face. Now you might be thinking, “That’s a lot, but I’m sure other receivers are facing similar issues.” But they’re not. McLaurin’s 33 contested targets is more than double the next closest receiver in the league — LAC’s Mike Williams (16).

https://deadspin.com/imagine-if-terry-mclaurin-had-someone-better-than-taylo-1847949674?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=deadspin

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If it’s the ESPN version, which it seems to be, the theory is that they use the player tracking data from NFL Next Gen stats to (in the case of pass rush) determine when a player successfully defeats his block within 2.5 seconds. 

For run stops, it’s a lot more complicated — because the run game is much more complicated than the pass game for OL/DL play. They have a variety of factors that they consider a “run” win for a DL, including successfully getting off a block and disrupting a run lane, filling a gap, or keeping contain. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

A Bad team and beset with injuries .. Sh+t storm . !

To be fair, the offensive line hasn't looked that bad. They've got decent depth. it's never a great thing to have to go to backups, but it isn't catastrophic. Hopefully.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, RSkinGM said:

You know, not relative to the chart but general observation .  Seems to me from last year Chase is better from the R E and Sweat from the L E.  

A lot of people are saying that & also I think Tez did better rushing from LDE rather than RDE. They flipped their sides though and I don’t like it.