News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

On 10/4/2023 at 9:23 PM, lavar703 said:

It was an awful pick. What made it way worse was Torrence still being available. Its absolutely inexcusable to take a guy who isn't going to play when a potential starter was staring you right in the face. These types of decisions are why we stay in the position we're in and why Ron won't be here next year. Don't think for one second Josh Harris doesn't know stuff like this is going on. 

Torrence and Cody Mauch sitting there right for the picking! One of them should be our starting LG right now.

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Forrest is pretty much done for this year. It's a shoulder fracture. Bones take time to heal and that is an important part of your body to play football (especially a safety). I would be VERY surprised if he saw the field again this year.

I guess it depends on how bad it is. I guess there's a chance he's back in December bc that will be 8 weeks since he fractured his shoulder blade but I agree most likely he's done for the year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-sign-s-terrell-burgess-lb-dejon-harris-to-active-roster

Burgess and Harris to the active roster. Josh Kalu (S), Sean Chandler (S) and Joshua Pryor (DE) to the P.S.

The team clearly has more faith in Dejon Harris over Jabril Cox. Maybe we see Hudson get more PT this week on D.

If I remember correctly, one of the knocks on Jabril Cox coming out was his ability to learn defensive schemes. Dejon Harris has been here a few years, he knows the defense and is a Mike so he called the D for the 3rd string in the preseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I just can't get on board with some of these hype things. Two weeks ago he was getting beat like a drum by Fletcher Cox, Howell saved his *** multiple times.

You're talking about one play. Every player is going to have some bad plays from time to time.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I just can't get on board with some of these hype things. Two weeks ago he was getting beat like a drum by Fletcher Cox, Howell saved his *** multiple times.

That's what I got in my head too ! Maybe he's been better than I realize. Wonder how he does on run blocking ? He a great EFFORT player- whether he has the skills needed is to be determined I think .

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You're talking about one play. Every player is going to have some bad plays from time to time.

Those may look identical but that was two different plays. I can remember seeing more throughout the season, but those were the first to come to mind. The whole offensive line has been bad. Some players have good games, but that stat is straight horse crap.

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Those may look identical but that was two different plays. I can remember seeing more throughout the season, but those were the first to come to mind. The whole offensive line has been bad. Some players have good games, but that stat is straight horse crap.

Well so is the stat that puts all the sacks on the OL. I can't get on PFF  too hard bc they watch the film and determine if a sack is on an offensive lineman & which offensive lineman or, if it's on the QB.

Maybe Sam saved a few sacks in a few games but he also took some bad sacks vs AZ and Buffalo when the ball should've already been out.

When you consider that and put it all together I think it makes Cosmi’s evaluation of having a good season pretty accurate.

Edited by turtle28

21 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I haven't been impressed with Cosmi at all. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I haven't been impressed with Cosmi at all. 

It's weird. I'll see him do great on some plays and others he's just meh. I think if we really address the OL he can be quality depth or even a marginal starter (given how hard it is to replace multiple spots at once), but yeah he's been mostly not really there this year. 

I will say in his defense that he's playing better at this position than he did at RT