News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Sundberg needed help standing up- He ended up with back and elbow surgery. He was pretty beat up .

He had back surgery and played every game the next season and until they let him go. You must have some inside info about his condition since he was looking for his next opportunity with another team but being 34 he didn’t get it, Retired thereafter. 

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He had back surgery and played every game the next season and until they let him go. You must have some inside info about his condition since he was looking for his next opportunity with another team but being 34 he didn’t get it, Retired thereafter. 

Just misremembered I guess. 

27 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just misremembered I guess. 

I’m sure he wasn’t 100% but didn’t affect his play. All my point was that he was a very good long snapper and we didn’t need to move on from him and then we trade up to draft a LS, to me it didn’t make sense. 34 isn’t that old for that position especially if you’re doing a good job. Was an unnecessary move, imo. 

40 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m sure he wasn’t 100% but didn’t affect his play. All my point was that he was a very good long snapper and we didn’t need to move on from him and then we trade up to draft a LS, to me it didn’t make sense. 34 isn’t that old for that position especially if you’re doing a good job. Was an unnecessary move, imo. 

I think with Sundberg’s back issues  was a concern but also keep in mind that while being 34 or older and long snapping is no issue, covering punts is. A long snapper is one of the 10 guys who must get down the field on punt coverage to try to make a tackle on the punt return man.

Edited by turtle28

The Washington Commanders have signed guard Julian Good-Jones off the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad and placed center Ricky Stromberg on the Reserve/Injured list.

Stromberg, the Commanders' third-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, suffered a knee injury against the Eagles in Week 8. He will miss at least the next four games.

Good-Jones, an undrafted free agent from Iowa State, first joined the NFL in 2020 but was released by the Eagles as part of its final roster cuts before the regular season. One year later, Good-Jones signed with the Calgary Stampeders in the CFL and played in eight total games. He returned to the team the following season and started in 15 games, helping the team run 6.4 yards per rush and 135.3 rushing yards per game.

The Commanders have also made two additions to their practice squad by signing linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle and running back Jonathan Williams. Bouyer-Randle is an undrafted free agent who played for UConn, Texas Tech and Michigan State. Over the course of his six-year college career, Bouyer-Randle recorded 179 tackles to go with 6.5 sacks and nine pass breakups.

Williams has been with the Commanders for the last two seasons and has appeared in 18 games with two starts. He has rushed for 231 yards on 54 carries and scored one touchdown during the 2021 season.

29 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Washington Commanders have signed guard Julian Good-Jones off the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad and placed center Ricky Stromberg on the Reserve/Injured list.

Stromberg, the Commanders' third-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, suffered a knee injury against the Eagles in Week 8. He will miss at least the next four games.

Good-Jones, an undrafted free agent from Iowa State, first joined the NFL in 2020 but was released by the Eagles as part of its final roster cuts before the regular season. One year later, Good-Jones signed with the Calgary Stampeders in the CFL and played in eight total games. He returned to the team the following season and started in 15 games, helping the team run 6.4 yards per rush and 135.3 rushing yards per game.

The Commanders have also made two additions to their practice squad by signing linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle and running back Jonathan Williams. Bouyer-Randle is an undrafted free agent who played for UConn, Texas Tech and Michigan State. Over the course of his six-year college career, Bouyer-Randle recorded 179 tackles to go with 6.5 sacks and nine pass breakups.

Williams has been with the Commanders for the last two seasons and has appeared in 18 games with two starts. He has rushed for 231 yards on 54 carries and scored one touchdown during the 2021 season.

Williams again- a R B , really ?? Whatever.

Roster- have to cut someone . Laufenberg likely and the P S is full.

Edited by RSkinGM

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Like @RSkinGM I’m concerned about Stromberg’s knee injury. The fact that we really haven’t gotten an update from Rivera is just another example on how much he sucks on updating the media & through them the fans on injuries.

Why aren't the people that cover the team ( Press ) asking him !? Isn't that their job ?