Quick & Painless GM Mock Draft

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Oh...the panic trade...lol.  Love it!

I tagged you because in the last mock you drafted Parsons...haha.

Oh that was a War Room pick. Parsons is well behind Waddle and a few players still on the board.

At the end of the day I'd rather ensure I got one of those two guys I wanted and lose 30 spots in the middle rounds so whatevs

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Oh that was a War Room pick. Parsons is well behind Waddle and a few players still on the board.

At the end of the day I'd rather ensure I got one of those two guys I wanted and lose 30 spots in the middle rounds so whatevs

Can't disagree...Parsons at 11 is a bit of a reach, but really wanted to play this mock different from the last two mainly to see if the actual Giants did this how it might look a few rounds in.

The more tape I watch of Waddle the more I regret not having the opportunity to take him.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Generous God GIFs | Tenor

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Can't disagree...Parsons at 11 is a bit of a reach, but really wanted to play this mock different from the last two mainly to see if the actual Giants did this how it might look a few rounds in.

The more tape I watch of Waddle the more I regret not having the opportunity to take him.

That is the only weakness I see with doing a bunch of mocks. When you want to see what might actually happen, and guys are just experimenting. I can’t even blame anyone because I do it as well. It’s boring if it always looks the same

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

That is the only weakness I see with doing a bunch of mocks. When you want to see what might actually happen, and guys are just experimenting. I can’t even blame anyone because I do it as well. It’s boring if it always looks the same

And on that note, I think this mock for me will be just trying the true BPA approach, to see what it looks like in the end. I won’t exactly ignore needs, but I’m not jumping their priority by half a round or more. 

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Do we blame the “conditional trade” era for that?

I just mean that if you and I ranked the top 20 players it would look different as we most likely look at different things when evaluating talent.  It seems like most of these draft rankings are similar but they vary by a few.  Variables come into play as to what position, scheme not only in college but when they get to the pros.  I lean more on stats which has it's faults as well.