Quick & Painless GM Mock Draft

ny92mike

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If you pigeon hole him into old fashioned positions rather than looking at him as an overhang alley defender with speed to flow sideline to sideline and size to cover TEs up the seam.

He's basically poor man's JOK. He's got a 3rd round grade for me.

Not to mention he's going to be a 4 team core STer.

Maybe it’s more me looking at the Eagles want to run mostly 2 high split safeties that he doesn’t interest me much 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Maybe it’s more me looking at the Eagles want to run mostly 2 high split safeties that he doesn’t interest me much 

He's not a base down player, he's a subpackage guy for sure. Most teams run 3 a safeties set, the Packers do more than most teams. He's definitely your in the box overhang. The traditional box safety is dead in base D, but a valuable tool now in subpackage.

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s one less step for us to update the doc especially when picks start getting out of order 

Oh and I’m just now realizing you meant like 5.34 and not your random player reference numbers. 

That’s not too much to ask at all

Well I waffled a bit with that pick. Ultimately took Alaric Jackson as arguably the last draft-worthy OL. 

He’s far from perfect but he’s physical, well taught coming from the Hawkeyes, and he has tools to work with.

Gives us more competition up front. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Well I waffled a bit with that pick. Ultimately took Alaric Jackson as arguably the last draft-worthy OL. 

He’s far from perfect but he’s physical, well taught coming from the Hawkeyes, and he has tools to work with.

Love him and the value this late. Would’ve been my next pick if he was still around my next pick. FWIW he was a projected first rounder 2 collegiate seasons ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Love him and the value this late. Would’ve been my next pick if he was still around my next pick. FWIW he was a projected first rounder 2 collegiate seasons ago.

Thanks! Like Adebo then I guess. Time and experience kind of had the reverse effect it would for lots of guys.

Jackson is a guy I think might improve his play if he simply sheds a few pounds. Hopefully gains some agility as a result 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not gonna be around to make picks after tomorrow (friday) at 4p until Saturday at like... 4p. Does anyone want to make picks for me in that time frame?

I will be around if you want to send a BB. I don't pick again with the Rams at least until late 7th round. Got one pick with Indy at 6.22 but won't alter my strategy anyways.

40 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I think I nabbed a potential starting g/rt pending development in newman. Probably stays inside cuz 32.25 arms but a ras Of 8.73