Atlanta Falcons sign S Duron Harmon and RB/RS Cordarrelle Patterson

scar988

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-sign-duron-harmon-and-cordarrelle-patterson

The Falcons have signed unrestricted free agents Duron Harmon and Cordarrelle Patterson to one-year contracts.

Interesting that they list Patterson as a RB. Also interesting that Harmon signed. He should start at either FS or SS allowing Erik Harris to play a reserve role and the rookie they draft in the mid rounds to start.

34 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The dream dies. Good luck flash.

I think its funny that Minnesota's former 1st round receiver was just replaced by Minnesota's former former 1st round receiver haha

Treadwell was never going to last, but the Falcons have listed him at RB. Not WR.

• Like 1

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

But you're still left without a RB1 right?

Mike Davis was signed earlier in the offseason. I think he's RB1. He's gonna take the primary load for the offense from my understanding. The RB room looks a lot better now with Mike Davis, Cordarrelle Patterson, Ito Smith and Qadree Ollison as the 4 guys under contract who actually have NFL carries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Mike Davis was signed earlier in the offseason. I think he's RB1. He's gonna take the primary load for the offense from my understanding. The RB room looks a lot better now with Mike Davis, Cordarrelle Patterson, Ito Smith and Qadree Ollison as the 4 guys under contract who actually have NFL carries.

I like Ollison but I'm a Pitt fan. I hope he gets his chance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scar988 said:

Ito Smith was just released. I guess Davis, Patterson and Ollison isn't too bad though!

On 4/15/2021 at 12:27 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I like Ollison but I'm a Pitt fan. I hope he gets his chance.

I actually really like Qadree, too. Pre-draft, I thought he had some traits that translated to being an NFL starter or at least a strong contributor in a rotation. He has size, power, I like his vision and he has really nice receiving ability. Honestly, reminds me a lot of Zach Moss or David Montgomery as prospects, just didn't get as much hype. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Patterson started playing RB for the Patriots and it was just an excuse to get him into space with the ball. 

Is that why they didn't keep him?

On offense, it felt like he had the same role as James White, just with more power running the ball.