The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I honestly think Amik could play well as a safety too, he reminded me of the Honey Badger in college, dude's a ball hawk. 

To be honest I’ve thought of that before. I think him and James would both be really good safeties. I just don’t know if they could do single high

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest I’ve thought of that before. I think him and James would both be really good safeties. I just don’t know if they could do single high

You'd probably want him in more of a SS role like the Chiefs use Mathieu. Mathieu is 5'9" 190 and Amik is 5'8" 190. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

antoine winfield is a guy who survived on the outside despite small stature because he played with physicality. i thought amik reminded me of him a bit. obviously its hard to actually project outliers (like every team drafting a small fast guy as 'the next tyreek hill')

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

antoine winfield is a guy who survived on the outside despite small stature because he played with physicality. i thought amik reminded me of him a bit. obviously its hard to actually project outliers (like every team drafting a small fast guy as 'the next tyreek hill')

I did also think about that but the NFL was a lot different back then don’t you think? Like when she say receivers are much bigger now than back then? 

13 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Amik was a ball hawk at LA Tech though, dude had 14 picks and 36 PD in 4 seasons. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I did also think about that but the NFL was a lot different back then don’t you think? Like when she say receivers are much bigger now than back then? 

I'd say WR's are actually getting smaller, when you look at PFF's top WR's the only 4 in the top 15 that are bigger bodied guys are Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, and DK Metcalf. While guys like Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, etc. aren't huge. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd say WR's are actually getting smaller, when you look at PFF's top WR's the only 4 in the top 15 that are bigger bodied guys are Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, and DK Metcalf. While guys like Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, etc. aren't huge. 

umm

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That’s actually a valid point. I never thought of it as there’s really only one notable receiver that are taller than 6’3 Which is Mike Evans

Just now, Turnobili said:

he's not tall, but he's massive.

He's definitely wide but he's only 6'0" tall. When I think of bigger WR I think about guys like Julio Jones, DK Metcalf, and Mike Evans. When you look around the league most of the best WR are 6'0-6'1" now.