The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Here's my thing though: coming into the season slot corner was a huge question mark and he's been on the roster for about three years now

I don't think it was such a huge question mark TBH. I would have been happy to roll with Lawson, of course what would really help is a pass rush! That would help all our long suffering DBs out. Can we do better than Lawson? Yes, I believe so and hope that Hobbs is it and hoped that Robertson could beat him out also. But, if he's starting he can at least hold it down solidly I feel though he's never going to be a playmaker.

• Like 1

With Lawson for me it comes down to who would I rather have between him and Amik and that answer would be Amik. I think Amik has really taken on the coaching and has shown improvements and I would like to continue to see him get the coaching. Lawson is someone who I think they could put on the PS with no problem 

Mullen

Hayward

Arnette

Hobbs

Nixon(Special teams)

Those guys IMO are set I just can’t let Amik go in favor of Lawson. 

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

With Lawson for me it comes down to who would I rather have between him and Amik and that answer would be Amik. I think Amik has really taken on the coaching and has shown improvements and I would like to continue to see him get the coaching. Lawson is someone who I think they could put on the PS with no problem 

Mullen

Hayward

Arnette

Hobbs

Nixon(Special teams)

Amik over Lawson everytime

• Like 1

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Dallin Leavitt and Lawson better not make this team. You gotta be able to do better then that especially with Leavitt. If you cant replace him with someone better after these cuts then thats a big issue. 

Gruden cares about how guys practice.  Sometimes I think he cares more about how they practice than how they play in games.  I can not stand guys that are lazy during practice but I also do not care how hard a guy goes during practice if he can not produce during a game.  I think he just wants guys at practice he can use as an example of what he expects.  Opposite of Al.  Al had scholarship players and Gruden has grinders.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Mullen

Hayward

Arnette

Hobbs

Nixon(Special teams)

Nixon is injured and might need surgery according to Vic Tafur. That will open up a spot. Lawson might get a stay cos we don’t have a lot of experience outside of Hayward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Didn’t know about that Nixon news. Thanks for that. Nixon is good on special teams player so that would be a big loss. 

Just caught it on Vics article in the Athletic where he was guessing the 53. 

Keisean Nixon is expected to be out for a while due to a leg injury that may require surgery, according to a person familiar with the situation. That also helps clear the way for Johnson.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don't think it was such a huge question mark TBH. I would have been happy to roll with Lawson, of course what would really help is a pass rush! That would help all our long suffering DBs out. Can we do better than Lawson? Yes, I believe so and hope that Hobbs is it and hoped that Robertson could beat him out also. But, if he's starting he can at least hold it down solidly I feel though he's never going to be a playmaker.

He's a fine backup corner. I just would rather keep/start young guys like Amik/Hobbs.