The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

i'm pretty sure i saw james got tossed to the ground in 2 separate goal line reps in the preseason opener. i'm not confident he's some mauler lol

Definitely not a mauler. I mean more so in the outside zone game, not really opening the holes but “getting to a spot”, if you know what I mean. Richie being healthy would be a big help for him IMO.

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

flip Arnette and a day 2 pick for Henderson. Throw in Richard, a pass catching RB since they just lost Etienne for the season. 

i mean yeah, i'd do that. richard is an injury/waive candidate anyway, so you dont have to sell me on that.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Since my knee jerk overreaction, Leatherwood has really impressed me. He is a brute in the run game. 

mhm. Leatherwood's run blocking has been as good as advertised. and his pass-pro technique actually does look a lot better from some of the criticisms we saw from his college tape (over-reliance on using his inside hand, etc).

there have been multiple instances of the mental side of things not clicking yet (assignments, passing guys off, etc). that will come with experience.

of course, almost all his reps have come against #2's so far

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I did.  I wanted to see the entire contract that he signed with us.  I hate that spotrac gets rid of it.

I don’t know about that but I look at the year to year breakdown of how much comes off the books if we keep a player and how much comes off of the books if we get rid of a player

I also pay attention to how long before we can get rid of a player without dead money. that was what I was referring to with Rodney Hudson

57 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Since my knee jerk overreaction, Leatherwood has really impressed me. He is a brute in the run game. 

Unpopular opinion: our offensive line needed a youth movement. Miller, Leatherwood, James going kick butt this year! hopefully Simpson is the real deal, and then draft a young stud guard in the 2nd next year! be set for the rest of the decade

46 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

mhm. Leatherwood's run blocking has been as good as advertised. and his pass-pro technique actually does look a lot better from some of the criticisms we saw from his college tape (over-reliance on using his inside hand, etc).

there have been multiple instances of the mental side of things not clicking yet (assignments, passing guys off, etc). that will come with experience.

of course, almost all his reps have come against #2's so far

This is the caveat. But he's bullying them. I think once he's with the rest of the starters, they'll help him make checks at the line. Same with Carr.