Raiders release DT Maurice Hurst and DE Arden Key

RaidersAreOne

Mo Hurst is Karl Joseph 2.0... another guy who always seemed to play better than how the coaches treated him (and he's a better player than Joseph was, at their respective positions). he's going to be good wherever he goes. really stupid move, imo

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 4

Key had his chances and never took the brass ring. He had a fringe roster spot at this point. Hurst I'm a little surprise, but we signed alot of DT. I think Philon is going surprise people, he was solid on the Chargers. Thought we would keep him to atleast keep compete in training camp. So many wasted picks from that class

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

Mo Hurst is Karl Joseph 2.0... another guy who always seemed to play better than how the coaches treated him. he's going to be good wherever he goes. really stupid move, imo

you would think Gruden would give him every chance to shine, he brought him in. 

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

why the rush to get rid of Hurst before camp? 

i freakin hate this move. this is the same BS as last season when Collins was anointed the leader and was inexplicably playing ahead of Hurst, who played pretty well in his snaps

Maybe Rod M didn't get along with him? purely guessing 

The rookie deal incentives upped their cost to the point it wasn’t worth it.  I’d have kept Hurst thru camp to see if he couldn’t excel under Bradley.  But I’m not mad he was cut. I’d only be mad if we waste the cap we saved.  Brandon Parker will prolly merge the same fate in time.  

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

The rookie deal incentives upped their cost to the point it wasn’t worth it.  I’d have kept Hurst thru camp to see if he couldn’t excel under Bradley.  But I’m not mad he was cut. I’d only be mad if we waste the cap we saved.  Brandon Parker will prolly merge the same fate in time.  

That’s what I was thinking. For all we know hers could’ve won the job under better coaching. I bet you their logic is of all the defense of tackles competing he’s the only one that had rod Marinelli the whole season. So there’s that

You release him now is probably a sign that they knew he was never gonna make the roster so in good faith you cut ties now instead of waiting for the eventual release come September. Also this is probably more Gus Bradley then anything else

Edited by agarcia34