Raiders release DT Maurice Hurst and DE Arden Key

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I can see both players finding success elsewhere. 

Key will land with a team record some sacks next year, watch.

Hurst can play. Don't like getting rid of him this early. He'll be the next Autry, Harris who gets paid on someone else's Dline 

Key might be alright. I was never his biggest fan though. 

Hurst was a dumb move. He was cheap and one of our better D-linemen last year. Should've made the newbie castoffs from elsewhere actually beat him out before cutting him. 

• Like 1

I get it. Irving, Thomas, Jefferson, Hankins.  (Ferrell, Ngakoue, Nassib, Crosby outside) There just isn't room. And Gruden always defaults to veterans who have proven they can play well half the time over young players who have only played well half the time.  Heck even Ferrell is going to play inside sometimes.  How many half decent players do we want to keep on the roster on the DLine?

Half dozen of one, six of the other in my mind. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I get it. Irving, Thomas, Jefferson, Hankins.  (Ferrell, Ngakoue, Nassib, Crosby outside) There just isn't room. And Gruden always defaults to veterans who have proven they can play well half the time over young players who have only played well half the time.  Heck even Ferrell is going to play inside sometimes.  How many half decent players do we want to keep on the roster on the DLine?

Half dozen of one, six of the other in my mind. 

are Irving, Thomas, and Jefferson really proven to be better than Hurst?

Edited by Turnobili