Raiders release DT Maurice Hurst and DE Arden Key

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I've just gone through Pro Football Reference looking through our defensive rosters of the last ten years (highly recommended for a reality check) and quite frankly it's been laughable with Mack as the only real standout with Seymour and Grandad Woodson pretty good in their twilight years. I couldn't even remember half the scrubs we fielded over the years 😁😔

It's legit horrible. As much as we go on about need and I do think we need to fill needs, I'll just be happy if we get some good players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roninho said:

I quit playing madden since a couple of years but now i'm playing madden 20 on pc with retro rosters. Starting from 2003 and up. So do a franchise for 1 year with all the 2003 rosters and after the season restart the franchise but with 2004 rosters, etc.

I dont sign any guys, just play with whoever Al has signed, but man what a roster turnover every year and every yearxa bunch of holes ...

It is fun playing against all the names from the past though.

That's Intetesting, I wasn't aware you could do that on newer Madden. I haven't played in a while and I always kind of wanted there to be a 'simulation' mode like Franchise to be as real as possible. The last time I really put much time in Darnell Bing was a superstar safety for me 😁😁

54 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's Intetesting, I wasn't aware you could do that on newer Madden. I haven't played in a while and I always kind of wanted there to be a 'simulation' mode like Franchise to be as real as possible. The last time I really put much time in Darnell Bing was a superstar safety for me 😁😁

Yeah i only play offline franchise and got fed up with the awfull ai gm & having to implement a bunch of house rules to keep it somewhat realistic. so quit it for some years. 

Now i dont have to worry about ai gm's because every year you play with what was the actual roster that season. Which makes it much more enjoyable, especially in combo with the nostalgic feeling of playing with names from the past. Time flies man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Since they didn't get picked up I guess it was the right move.

Yeah with how the reactions have been in this thread you'd imagine teams be all over Hurst. 

Personally i'd have kept Hurst untill deep in TC, but nobody showing interest to pick him off waivers says a lot more then the hot takes in this forum imo.

4 hours ago, Roninho said:

Yeah with how the reactions have been in this thread you'd imagine teams be all over Hurst. 

Personally i'd have kept Hurst untill deep in TC, but nobody showing interest to pick him off waivers says a lot more then the hot takes in this forum imo.

No teams picked up Hurst (or Key) despite a cap hit of under 2.5M.

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Since they didn't get picked up I guess it was the right move.

I think them not getting claim just shows that around 2.5M for them was too high.  Teams would rather let them go unclaimed and try to sign them for near minimum even if it meant risking another team swooping in to get them.  As soon as their incentives pushed the salary up it was obvious they were gone or at least in jeopardy.

How does that performance related salary increase work? Does their "old" 4th year salary get guaranteed or is a guy like Key now missing out on his 4th year income on his original deal? 

If so not the best kind of rule for fringe guys getting snaps. I would not be surprised to see Key never getting a nfl regular season snap again

4 minutes ago, Roninho said:

How does that performance related salary increase work? Does their "old" 4th year salary get guaranteed or is a guy like Key now missing out on his 4th year income on his original deal? 

If so not the best kind of rule for fringe guys getting snaps. I would not be surprised to see Key never getting a nfl regular season snap again

Nothing is guaranteed. You're right, it's not a good rule for some of those players. The Giants had Isaac Yiadom take a pay cut from his earned raise to stay on the team earlier this year.  For some of them, the reward for playing time is a release or a pay cut.