Raiders release DT Maurice Hurst and DE Arden Key

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Absolutely horrible move to get rid of Hurst. They gave Maliek Collins more snaps than him. I’m very bummed about this. 

It sucks but how much would he have played really?  350 snaps?

I think we should have given him TC to sieze the 3rd DT spot but ultimately I think Irving/ Thomas/etc is pretty much equal, if not had potential to be better.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At the very least he was the only quality interior rusher on the roster last year. And on his rookie deal. We better draft a good DT.

I think the staff feels confident in Irving, Thomas, Jefferson, Philon, and Hankins. Don't see us going DT early.

Guaranteed money for Thomas and Jefferson was the writing on the wall.  Hurst having very little dead money made him the odd man out.  Another reason why I did not like the moves because they locked us into a singular path.  Definitely need a 3-4 OLB type now.  We are currently going with "hopefully" for our 3T.  Not that Hurst was an amazing player but them cutting him shows they are locked in at 3T.  At least Hurst will have a chance to sign with another team early and get started.  Good luck kid and keep the heart healthy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the staff feels confident in Irving, Thomas, Jefferson, Philon, and Hankins. Don't see us going DT early.

Yeah this move to me at least signals were aren’t likely to draft a DT early.  Maybe we draft a K.Tonga / B.Brown type NT in rounds 4-6 now but that’s the most I think we’d do.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah this move to me at least signals were aren’t likely to draft a DT early.  Maybe we draft a K.Tonga / B.Brown type NT in rounds 4-6 now but that’s the most I think we’d do.

I hope not. No one under contract next year. That’s a yikes for sure.

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don’t think any staff has the benefit of the doubt rn LOL. I mean I think you’re right but I’m not super blown away by that group.

The same staff thought Collins was a premier 3T. They get zero benefit of the doubt with me and haven’t in a while.

• Like 1