Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Dennis Smith went 5-18 last game so I'm expecting a complete 180 from him tonight. No more 5-18 bull****.

I stand corrected. 2-9 with 4 turnovers in the first half. Dennis sucks.

And I got to watch ******* DeAaron Fox go 6-6 from three last night...

On 1/29/2018 at 6:31 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Why is Simmons considered a rookie? I'm not denying he's having the best season, but I think that's a little ridiculous. He got to spend all of last season working with the training staff, watching film, getting accustom to traveling with the team, etc. That's not insignificant. 

It's extremely dumb. To act like a player who's had a year of NBA experience is not at a significant advantage is ridiculous. 

Simmons is the better player, but ROY should go to Mitchell. Then Tatum, then Kuzma.

On 2018-01-29 at 9:42 PM, Tyronnosaurus said:

I stand corrected. 2-9 with 4 turnovers in the first half. Dennis sucks.

And I got to watch ******* DeAaron Fox go 6-6 from three last night...

You are going to have a heart attack going over the shooting numbers of a rookie PG on a lottery team each and every night haha. 

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

It's extremely dumb. To act like a player who's had a year of NBA experience is not at a significant advantage is ridiculous. 

Simmons is the better player, but ROY should go to Mitchell. Then Tatum, then Kuzma.

So what about someone like Brogdon winning? He was 24 when he did. Seems like he's far too experienced as well. Or what about Luka Doncic next year? Should he be ineligible because he's already played professionally?

10 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

So what about someone like Brogdon winning? He was 24 when he did. Seems like he's far too experienced as well. Or what about Luka Doncic next year? Should he be ineligible because he's already played professionally?

I think it’s kind of a dumb thing to care about, but it seems more unfair that Ben Simmons wouldn’t get a chance to win ROY because he was injured and missed every game the year he was drafted, than the players from this year not winning the award because they can’t outperform a player drafted last year playing in the nba for the first time this season. 

But really I think you all need to get out of your feelings and not care about something as dumb as rookie of the year. 

Edit: didn’t need to quote you utley because it’s not a direct response to you

21 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Pretty easy, they both won’t have been in the NBA for a year. 

8 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

MLB players get to play in MLB games and can still be called a rookie the next year. The rules are the rules 

7 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

MLB players get to play in MLB games and can still be called a rookie the next year. The rules are the rules 

Doesn't mean I agree with the MLB either, but I'm not really a baseball fan so I can't comment on that.

It's not even like I'm picking on the Sixers, not like I would've lost any sleep if Saric beat out Brogdon last year, I'm just saying I don't like people winning ROY who've spent a season with an NBA team. 

19 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

Doesn't mean I agree with the MLB either, but I'm not really a baseball fan so I can't comment on that.

It's not even like I'm picking on the Sixers, not like I would've lost any sleep if Saric beat out Brogdon last year, I'm just saying I don't like people winning ROY who've spent a season with an NBA team. 

I hear ya but unfortunately its been that way as long as I can remember 

Archived